Ratings for Dr. Lewis M. Zemsky

I am an RN who visited Dr. Zemsky after injuring my left knee. I found hm to be so rude and condescending that I walked out of his office midway through my "visit." I came to him as a new patient. He never looked me in the eyes, never introduced himself, asked exactly two questions and touched my knee for less than twenty seconds, then told me that I "obviously had arthritis." Had he bothered to ask, I would have told him that the injury was traumatic and sudden, that immediately after the injury I could not fully bear weight on my left knee (though I had full range of motion before), that I cannot point my toes without pain, cannot walk upstairs without pain, and the pain is intensified if I step with my foot at any angle other than straight ahead. After leaving this jerk's office, I went to my regular primary care doctor, who ordered an MRI. The MRI revealed a torn medial meniscus, and I'm currently looking for another orthopedic surgeon to perform surgery. Avoid this guy and his rude staff at all costs. The only bright light in this office is "Mary," who seems kind and helpful. The other two in the front office can't even be bothered to say "good morning." When I confronted him, he said "I'm 71 years old, what do you want?" Dear Dr. Zemsky: Please either retire or take some doctor course to refresh your bedside manner. You're just a rude, condescending jerk.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

He does not have a good bed side manor, but very knowledgeable. If you let him do his job, he will get the job done quickly and less painful. But, unfortually he takes insurance and has to listen to them also. Physical therapy.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

The doctor would not order an MRI until 8 weeks after the injury , even though he took numerous X-rays. I was in extreme pain, but was told that I just had a low tolerarance for pain. It turned out that I had 3 fractures in my foot-so I went to someone else. I felt belittled and was very angry at this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

This doctor is the most arrogant doctor that I have ever visited. He does not give you a chance to talk. He completely violated hippa laws by verbally outing my medical illnesses in the doorway of the examination room. He is disrespectful and crude. I am definitely filing a lawsuit and will be seeking for anoher doctor.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

Operated on my Knee(major Surgery) in 1979...34 years later I can do more now then I did as a teenager . No joke if I ever needed more knee work done it would be done by Dr Zemsky .

flag | Submitted November 4, 2013

The exact same experience as the other poster. Very arrogant, Shows no respect, does not even allow you to talk to describe the symptoms. Does not explain anything, the reception thinks of herself as another MD and is downright insulting. Please find another doctor and save yourself trouble and frustration.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2010

Very rough and arrogant. Spends very little time with patient. Talks down to you and has no respect. Would not reccommend him to anyone. Finding another Doctor.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2008

Dr. Lewis M. Zemsky's Credentials

• Wayne State Univ Sch Of Med, Detroit Mi 48201 (Grad. 1971)

Commercial Insurance Company