Dr. Ethan Healy

Outstanding Staff Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ethan Healy

Dr Healy repaired my rotator cuff in May. He was totally up front with me as to what was involved and the length of time it would take to recover. I am three months out and I have been going to pt twice a week. The improvement has been remarkable. I have had some wait for him for office visits but I realize he is commuting to the Dedham office from surgery at the hospital and delays happen. I could not be happier with Dr Healy from my first visit til now

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

i have seen him 5-6 times in the past 9 months and every time I have to wait way too long. I had a 1PM appointment today and he didn't come in the exam room for 1:45PM. When I comlained he barely gave me an insincere apology. Doctors like this don't respect patient's time and it's infuriating. I would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Dr. Healy repaired my rotator cuff and the physical therapy staff had me back to work in 3 1/2 months. No better place than New England Baptist Hospital. Thanks to all!!!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

I had an appointment scheduled for 2:30. I was told to show up 15 minutes early for paperwork , which I did. I then sat in the waiting room for 1 hr. with no one even explaining to me what the hold up was. Other patients came and went that were seeing different doctors. Finally I was put in a room after asking how much longer it was going to be. I then sat in that room for a half hour more before he finally came in but that's only after going out of the room and asking how much longer I was going to have to wait. The Doctor came in finally 1.5 hrs late talked to me for 10 minutes and then when he was walking out of the room mumbled "sorry for the wait". I don't even think he was in the building until right before he came in to see me. That's what makes me so mad. I left work early to make this appointment and my time is just as valuable as his is....even if he doesn't think so!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

Dr. Healey was attentive,calm and thorough. He explained my MRI to me in a way that I understood. He also was very patient, listening to my concerns and addressing them. I would recommend him absolutely.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2012

Dr. Ethan Healy's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Healy has been with Orthopedics New England since 2010. Originally from Star Lake, New York, Dr. Healy received his medical degree from the University of Rochester Medical Center in Rochester, New York. From there, he went on to complete his internship in Orthopaedic Surgery from the University of Massachusetts Medical Center in Worcester. Dr. Healy finished his residency in Orthopaedic Surgery from the University of Massachusetts Medical School. He then underwent a fellowship in sports medicine at New England Baptist Hospital. In addition to his duties at Orthopedics New England, Dr. Healy serves as a Clinical Instructor at Tufts Medical Center. When not seeing patients or teaching students, Dr. Healy enjoys spending his free time running, mountain biking, skiing, and playing soccer. Dr. Healy is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, and is a member of the Massachusetts Orthopedic Association.

• English

• University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry (Grad. 2004)

• Vitals.com Patients’ Choice Award (2014)
  • On-Time Doctor Award (2014)

• BCBS Illinois