Ratings for Dr. Robert W. Norris

Dr. Norris had been my family's Primary Care Physician (PCP) for 19 years. He listens to what you! Dr. Norris nevers seems in a hurry to rush you out of the office. I have been using another physical therapy clinic, Ergowellness, other than the South Austin Regional Clinic (ARC) which he willingly writes me a prescription for when I ask him to go to Ergowellness. Is he right in his diagnosis 100% of the time?... Is any doctor right 100% of the time? No, but his ability to listen to what you have to say and his bedside manner make him one of the most compassionate, caring doctors I have come in contact with in Austin, TX!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2014

Dr. Norris is very helpful. Catching things you over look and really listens to what you have to say

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

I love the way I am treated during my office visits with Dr Norris. He put a lot of care, knowledge,and understanding, when listening to my cheif complaint. Dr. Norris has kept close attention to my health keeping me healthy. Looking forward to a long patient doctor relationship. Thank you Dr. Norris.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2010

Dr. Norris was my primary care doctor for 10 years. I had to move last year, and it pained me greatly to have to leave. He is kind and the voice of reason during periods of time when I was misdiagnosed by specialists. He is never judgmental and is always so calm and reassuring. His patients are very lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2010

Dr. Norris has been my GP for 15 years. I was a pharmaceutical sales rep and I picked him over all of the other GP doctors in Austin. As a rep, you learn about the doctor's knowledge, care about the latest research, their level of desire to stay informed, and of course, their personality. Dr. Norris rates high in all of these categories. He listens and cares, and appts are the same day or next. In 2001, I had serious urinary tract problems, so I went to specialists instead of Dr. Norris first. Eight doctors later and multiple meds with no relief nor diagnoses, I scheduled an appt with him. I brought detailed information outlining every doctor I had seen and every med that I had tried. Within minutes of reviewing my info, he prescribed a drug (samples first) that worked and told me to follow up with a urologist. Patients need to accept responsibility for their own healthcare, keep good records, and follow up if something is not working. Dr.s like him are few and far between.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2009

I have been to Dr. Norris on several occasions, and he is my mothers physician as well. He is a great doctor, I have not had any problems with him, and as far as I know she hasn't either. We have both gone to him for several years.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2009

Dr. Norris very helpful and on time.He is the best

flag | Submitted November 24, 2008

I am an ICU nurse and Dr. Norris has been my family's physician for years. He is extremely knowledgeable, listens to you, will call in prescriptions, and is open to new ideas for treatment. After reading the previous comments left on him, I have to question these patient's participation in their own treatment. Patients have the responsibility to contact their doctors if the initial prescribed treatment is not working. If an infection gets worse after beginning antibiotics, it is the patient's responsibility to call the physician and report it so that treatment can be altered. Infections in hospitals are treated with an initial broad spectrum antibiotic and cultures are taken. Antibiotics are very often changed when the culture results indicate the initial drug was not the best choice. Patients don't realize this happens all the time. Doctors don't have that extra time with you in an outpatient setting. YOU have to let them know the drug isn't working.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2008

Don't go if you have more than the cold or flu. He doesn't mind sending you for thousands for expensive tests before even doing a blood draw.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2006

This guy dosen't seem to have a clue about infectious diseases. I have been misdiagnosed twice and my neighbor has had three or more instances from him. I think a Pharmicist could do a better job. Sorry!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2006

Dr. Robert W. Norris's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1982)

Workers Comp