Ratings for Dr. Melodie Schaefer

Excellent therapist. Kind, caring and very effective. Lovely staff and office as well.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2015

Saw for 6 months. This is someone who has a huge blind spot. It's too bad too as she has some ability to be a healer. If considering her, I'd advise you to look for a much more self-aware psychologist. She's better at seeing into others than herself.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

This is by far the worst person known to man kind. She was the training director at a psychology graduate program. She micromanaged everyone, and lied. This lady has severe personality disorder traits. Stay away from this person.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

Cold and calculating - That's how I'd describe her. My husband and I can in for counseling and after 2 sessions we were much further apart than we were at the start. Instead of bringing us together, she'd twisted our words and pulled us further apart. I got a sick sense that she almost enjoyed it. Everyone seems to recommend counseling for couples in a rough spot. Just don't pick this one...

Submitted June 23, 2014

A very caring therapist and beautiful attitude towards life and living skills. She cares alot about her patients that want help. If your just there to get sympathy and don't want to learn to succeed don't bother to make an appointment you will not get help because it is up to you not the therapist. A therapist guides you to what you want to accomplish, not make you better over night. Get real and accept help not avoid it. an excellent therapist willing to spend time for those who want help. She also is late sometimes because she cares and takes extra time to those who needs it.

Submitted November 20, 2013

Dr. Schaefer was very concerned and caring. She helped me resolve the problem for which I was seeking help. I was referred by another person who she saw and who was very pleased with her as well. I have greatly benefited from the help I received. The office staff were also very pleasant as was the office environment.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2013

Not particularly helpful. I found her unempathic, although knowledgeable about many topics.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2013

She was helpful @ first, but as time passed, she stopped returning my phone call when I tried to schedule another appointment. I felt she abandoned me when I needed her most.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

I shpuld have come here first to see the reviews because then i never would have made an apt.

Submitted July 5, 2011