Ratings for Dr. James A. Yeckley

I don't normally write reviews but after reading the other reviews, I thought I would write about mine. He has a quirky sense of humor. He cleared up my acne and I have beautiful skin now.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

I had read that Dr. Yeckley had an odd sense of humor, but that he was very smart. I found him to be offensive. He made all sorts of comments about people groups and other doctors that were not professional. He made sweeping statements about my health then wrote a prescription for a problem I was having without even looking at the rash. Time will tell if the medicine will address the problem or not, but I will not be back. I think serving people takes a certain level of compassion and humility, which he lacks -- or no longer is able to communicate effectively.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

My young adult daughter has suffered from acne for numerous years. Her first visit to Dr Yeckley and he was sarcastic and rolling his eyes at her questions. Then he said her father would have to auction her off for marriage due to her acne. What a jerk, what kind of professional and a dermatologist would say that to a patient!?

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

My son came in and was diagnosed and given two medication. However, neither medication was to help with the problem. When I called and talked to Dr. Yeckley, he admitted that he should have been given another medication. When I asked if he could phone it in since my son was back in college, he said he couldn't and that my son had to come all the way back to Savannah to be seen again. No help. No apology. I will never go back again. To not help when somebody is suffering is just inhumane.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

I was first introduced to Dr. Yeckley somewhere around 20 years ago, and I have been to his office probably 5 or so times, and I can tell you, I've never met a warmer, funnier, down-to-earth doctors I've ever visited. Every time I go, he is clear, to the point, helpful, knowledgeable, and has the best rapport with his patients. If you appreciate an old-time doctor that takes the time to actually talk to you, tell you the truth, and not waste your time or money, THIS is your doctor. He is awesome, and I have referred 3 patients to him. The staff is friendly, and I don't care about his office "looking" old...that's not what I'm there for, or what I want to pay for! We need MORE doctors like him!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

How he has good ratings at all just baffles me. Walking into his office was like stepping into the 70's. He didn't listen to my concerns and made me feel stupid. He hardly looked at my skin and said everything was fine. While I was still hardly draped in the paper coverings provided, he held the door wide open while another patient walked by and would be able to see me. He was blatantly disrespectful to me. I will not be returning.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

Dr. Yeckley and his staff couldn't be more helpful or friendly. I've had a couple dermatologists chop me to pieces in the past (I have a pale complexion and a lot of moles). Dr. Yeckley took one look at me and said, "Let me guess, all the biopsies came back negative, and you got a bill for an arm and a leg". Of course he was spot on. If you think having a dishonest mechanic is bad, let me tell you it could be worse. Dr. Yeckley took his time and talked to me like I was a person and not a down payment on his boat. He discounted my rate b/c I didn't have insurance, and gave me the medication I needed for free. This is the only dermatologist I will see in this town.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2013

After seeing many others, Dr. Yeckley got me on the right track with the correct treatment.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2012

flag | Submitted September 16, 2011

The treatments are working a little bit. I expected it to take some time. The problem is his attitude. My mouth fell open when he called my son shorter and fatter than his brother. This upset my son very much. I can't believe a grown man and a physician sworn to do no harm would say that to an impressionable 14 year old boy. I would not recommend this MD to anyone that needs to bring a child in.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2010

Dr. James A. Yeckley's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1971)