Ratings for Dr. James E. Buirkle

Doctor Buirkle was patronizing and obnoxious. He was dismissive of symptoms which later were properly treated in Emergency room.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

He saw amerigroup when he walked in room, told me first thing I have to get my own specialists, took my blood pressure and although short of breath never took out his stethoscope. Charged amerigroup for 8 min. Detailed visit. Found new doc within hours of leaving his office. I was a new patient with complicated medical history and he seemed too overwhelmed or just did not care. He was not nasty, but he was in my opinion, incompetent.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Dr. Buirkle , and Dr.Schwartz,are very,good doctors,have not met,Dr. Pelavin,but heard he is also,highly recommended...I live in ny,but these doctors,in Old Tappan,are much better ,then my last doctor,who wouldn't spend 5 minutes,with me...understanding,knowledgable,staff,i give these doctors 4 *****

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

All the Drs. are wonderful, I particularly like Dr. Schwartz and Dr Pelavin, Very good at diagnosis, and very compassionate. The receptionist is very welcoming, pleasant,and helpful, BUT the woman that takes the payment when you leave is SO UNPLEASANT AND RUDE, she always seems so annoyed, she completely ignored me while i was waiting to check out and then when she finally acknowledged me, i asked her a question and she clearly had no interest in trying to help me. Dr Pelavin's nurse was so wonderful, very helpful and the rest of the staff seemed professional

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

Office staff was very rude over a billing/insurance issue. They hung up on my wife multiple times. The doctor then called back and said never to call his office again. I will never be going back there again.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2013

Dr Buirkle is the kindest physcician I have ever met. He cares for my aging parents with a gentleness unheard of today. His early diagnosis of a potentially deadly condition saved my husbands life. My entire family sees him and I recomend him to all my friends.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2011

Dr. Buirkle has been my primary care physician for many years. He is the nicest man i have ever met. Hes very smart and always makes me feel comfortable. I am slightly a hypochondriac at times, and he never makes me feel like my ideas/thoughts/requests are ridiculous! Hes great!

flag | Submitted December 27, 2009

Dr. Buirkle is great.. but the old tappan medical center staff is alittle ditsy! Very nice but just not always there! And the admin that collects the money is not very friendly.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2009

Dr. James E. Buirkle's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1980)