Ratings for Dr. Ian B. Lawson

I recently had surgery on my wrist / hand performed by Dr Ian Lawson. My experience with him has been nothing shy of degrading, exhausting, and excruciatingly painful. His lack of professionalism and empathy has made me pay a toll physically and mentally that I did not have to spare. He's left me feeling judged, mislead, traumatized, and taken for a complete fool. On my first few visits Dr Lawson Was seemingly someone I would trust to perform such a serious surgery. Immediately after the surgery was completed he dramatically went the opposite direction. I feel as though I was a walking dollar sign, and once the surgery was over and paid for, he no longer cared. I regret with every ounce I have that I allowed such a person to operate on me. A word to the wise, do your homework before just trusting that a doctor really is qualified for the job. He may have certification to be a surgeon but as one human to another he should NOT be allowed to do this to someone. The sever levels of pain that I have had to experience because of him are beyond inhumane. I don't want anyone else to feel misguided and abandoned as I do right now. Doctors should not base decisions off of judgement and I believe Dr Lawson is extremely judgemental and cruel.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

Dr. Lawson spent a good deal of time explaining my diagnosis and the treatment alternatives, as well as their success rate. I have never encountered such a sincere, caring surgeon, and truly wish that I had the option to have him as my PCP. I'm fortunate that none of my friends require orthopedic surgery, but if they did, then I would recommend him, without hesitation. The facilities were average, the location is convenient, and Dr. Lawson is amazingly refreshing and professional.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

Dr Lawson and his staff are professional and also caring and attentive. I very much appreciate the care I have received. I would (will) highly recommend this surgeon and his staff.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

Arrogant and unconcerned! Waited a 1/2 hour in the lobby before being called back. My overall appointment including an injection took 1 hour 45 minutes. Dr. Lawson did not review possible side effects of a procedure I had and when the side effects occurred I called and could only get through to his nurse. She spoke to Dr. Lawson then told me that some of my symptoms would go away in a couple of days and the other was not related! Thank goodness the side effects were not life threatening. I was shocked by the attitude and lack of empathy. During my office visit he told me that "at my age" I should have one primary care physician instead of a gynecologist and proceeded to up sell the clinic next door to him that is also in the Multicare network. When I inquired about pain medication he refused and made me feel as though I am a drug addict. I will never recommend Dr. Lawson.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2014

Worse doctor ever! Have to have another surgery just to fix what he screwed up! Left metal, that he doesn't remember, I'm not the only patient he has messed up! After surgery he'll refuse to see you. Don't go to him please!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2012

Absolutely the worst doctor that I've EVER encountered in my life!!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2011

Dr. Ian B. Lawson's Credentials

• Univ Of British Columbia, Fac Of Med, Vancouver, Bc, Canada (Grad. 1987)