Dr. Thomas Romo, III's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients
As you consider any facial change or enhancement, the most important decision you will make is the choice of the physician performing your procedure. Dr. Thomas Romo, III, is double-board certified. He is also the Director of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery at North Shore/LIJ Lenox Hill Hospital and the Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital, both in NYC. Perhaps even more important than his unique artistry and experience, Dr. Thomas Romo, III, brings to the table the fact that he is prepared to handle the most challenging of cases. Dr. Thomas Romo, III, is a double-board certified plastic surgeon, as well as one of the most respected facial plastic and reconstructive surgeons in the world. A well-known educator and researcher, Dr. Romo holds many of the highest surgical and academic credentials in his profession. As a "super specialist", he works exclusively on the face, nose, eyelids, brow, and neck. A significant part of Dr. Romo's practice includes patients in need of corrective work; many of these patients are often referred by other physicians. Dr. Thomas Romo, III, is a graduate of Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. Subsequent to his graduation from the Otolaryngology Head-and-Neck Surgery program at The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, Dr. Romo completed a one-year Facial Plastic Surgery Fellowship. He then finished a second Fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, sponsored by The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, at Tampa General Hospital. In addition to holding several innovative medical patents and having been published in numerous medical journals, Dr. Romo has received a myriad of honors and awards. He has appeared on major national and local television talk shows and news programs. Dr. Romo has also served as a guest lecturer at medical meetings throughout Eastern and Western Europe, South America, and the Middle East. For the past 25 years, Dr. Romo has dedicated his considerable talents to advancing microtia surgery — a corrective procedure that constructs ears for children born without them. He heads the world-renowned microtia team at North Shore/LIJ Lenox Hill Hospital and the Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital, working with both adults and children who come to see him from all over the world.
- Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)
Areas of Expertise
Awards & Recognitions
- Director Emeritus of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
- Director of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery for over 25 years at both North Shore/LIJ Lenox Hill Hospital and the Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital in New York City.
- Cited in the Castle Connolly peer-reviewed survey as a “Best Doctor in New York” for almost a decade.
- Dr. Romo received the Distinguished Education Award from The American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Fellow in the most prestigious credentialing academy for facial plastic surgery.
- Past president of The New York Facial Plastic Surgery Society
- Founder and president of The Little Baby Face Foundation, a non-profit organization that provides free surgery to indigent children born with facial deformities
Publications & Research
- Thomas Romo III, MD., Paul Presti, M.D. In Rhinology and Facial Plastic Surgery by Frederick Stucker, M.D., Dr. Souza M.D., Kenyon M.D., Lian, M.D., Draf, M.D., Schick, M.D. Chapter 71, pp 761 – 768 Springer Publishing, New York, 2009
- "Revision Rhinoplasty Cases and Techniques," Clinics Review, Elsevier Publishing, 2013
- Endoscopic Browlift German HNO Journal Alexander Berghaus, MD, 2012
- Multi – Racial Rhinoplasty in Melvin A. Shiffman, MD, J.D. Advanced Rhinoplasty: Art, Science and New Clinical Techniques, Springer, 2012
- Current Concepts in The Management of Aging Forehead in Facial Plastic Surgery”, Thomas Romo III,M.D., et al, Current Opinion in Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Vol. 18, pp 272 – 277, August 2010
- “Case 52 Major Deformity: Dorsal Hump” “Case 56 Major Deformity: Low Dorsum” Thomas Romo III, MD, F.A.C.S., Michae S. Godin, MD Rhinoplasty, Cases and Techniques. Thieme of Thieme Medical Publishers , December 2011
- Endoscopic Mid Facelifting Karl Storz Endoscopy Silver Book, 2012
- “Endoscopic Brow and Temporal and Mid Facelift”, Thomas Romo III, M.D. June 2008
- Thomas Romo, III, MD, Luc Morris, M.D. Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery “Aesthetic Reconstruction of The Platyrrhine Nose” March 2009
- “Nasal Implants”, Thomas Romo III, M.D., James M. Pearson, M.D. Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America Vol 16, No. 1, February 2008