Ratings for Dr. Roger P. Hatcher

Dr. Hatcher served as one of two custody evaluators involved in my very long divorce process. I entered his office for my initial visit with much trepidation, but was put at ease during that first meeting by his demeanor and the nature of the questions. It was clear that his only goal was to determine what would be best for my children. He was straight forward, knowledgeable and thorough. When questions arose about scenarios that had been described very differently by my husband and me, Dr. Hatcher investigated further, instead of taking an easier path. He sought the truth and reported the same. I appreciated Dr. Hatcher's concern for my children and the care he took throughout the process. I never felt that there was any bias in either direction. He simply wanted to do the best job possible to assess a difficult situation and come to conclusions that were accurate and would benefit the children. The experience was exactly what one would hope for after dealing with so many months of a seemingly cold, uncaring court system.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

I am nothing short of shocked after reading the negative review about this brilliant psychiatrist. I can only imagine the individual was unhappy with Dr. Hatcher’s professional opinion, and likely his recommendation to the Court. Obviously, retaliation is very sad, but probably the motivating factor for the review. Never does one single professional opinion ever cause a judge to rule against one party, especially in a child custody case, contrary to what the negative reviewer is trying to convince you of. Believe me, I’ve been there. It takes not only expert professional opinions, but other testimony and a pattern of mental or physical abuse, for a judge to transfer custody from one parent to the other. Judges don’t become judges by blindly following reports written by others… Their job is to get to the truth, and read/see-through people who are constantly lying and pretending to be someone they are not. Perhaps the negative reviewers’ disparaging comments should really be placed on the attorney they hired to represent them or most likely themselves?

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

Similar to the “unhappy” reviewer below, I first met Dr. Hatcher after he was appointed by a Judge to evaluate which of my son’s parents were better suited to care for him. However, in our situation, not a day goes by where I don’t give thanks for Dr. Hatcher having entered into my life and for the judge who appointed him. Subsequently, after winning back custody of my family over 10 years ago, this man has helped save my second marriage, saved me from my own personal demons, and helped my children through that difficult period. Dr. Hatcher did make a positive difference in my life and the lives of my current spouse and children.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2014

This man has not only helped me through some of the most trying of times in my life, but has changed my son’s life forever. As a mother, you NEVER want to see your child suffering. But when your child’s pain and illness is mental, and something that can’t be fixed by a Band-Aid, you feel even more helpless and torn. Dr. Hatcher took my small boy who suffered immensely from learning disabilities and anxiety-disorder, and turned him into a 29 year old successful, outgoing, and impressively social gentleman. From emergency appointments, meticulous medication adjustment, personal care, and a commitment to life-long treatment – Dr. Hatcher goes above and beyond to ensure the betterment of his patients. If given the chance to start over, or redo anything related to my son’s treatment over the course of his life, I would not have done ANYTHING different. Dr. Hatcher is an amazing person, and an even more remarkable doctor.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

This man is a life saver. I have seen him for counseling on and off for more than 10 years and he has always given me ways to find the answers I need. Very insightful and very warm. He has been a treasure to our whole family.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

I'm an attorney who practiced in DuPage, Kane, Will, Cook and Kendall Counties for over 42 years. Virtually my entire practice was in family law and custody cases. The counties established custody evaluation programs where a professional is appointed as the "Court's witness" to assist in determining the best interests of minor children with greater certainty and confidence. The approved professionals are selected based on their credentials, objectivity and integrity. Dr Hatcher was very highly thought of among the Courts/attorneys who practiced in the family law area because of his rigid adherence to applicable standards based on testing and interviews and because he was "death" on parents guilty of parental alienation. I was on both sides of his recommendations, but I preferred him because I was always confident his sole concern was the best interests of the children and not the predetermined biases of either of the parents, something which is always a driver in custody cases.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2013

This is the worse psychologist. He is a woman hater. If you are a mother and this man is chosen to be your evaluator in your divorce, you will not get custody. He is a "daddy doctor" Giving custody to fathers no matter what! http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=418924 He lies, and will fill your childrens head with BS. He did that with mine, and when I told him about it, he told me my children were lying!! This man should not be able to practice at all! Find a different psychologist. If he is court appointed, demand someone else!! MOTHERS BEWARE!!!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2010