Ratings for Dr. Aaron T. Roan

My previous two dentists said I had "perfect teeth", one even said he “rarely sees teeth this flawless.” I moved and went to Dr. Roan to get a clear retainer. Neither the tech or Dr. Roan looked at my teeth. Instead, they took a bunch of x-rays, and told me I had several cavities that needed to be filled. He then said some of them may not be cavities and I shouldn't worry. I want to say he was joking, but he seemed so serious and spent an awfully long time talking about these “cavities” that may not even exist. I asked if I needed to have them fixed and he said “no” and added they may not even be cavities. I felt uncomfortable over how wishy-washy he was about this. I don't want to sound pompous, but my teeth are so perfectly straight, white, and pristine! I clean them meticulously, still wear a retainer to bed even though I’m 8 years out of braces, and never had any sort of dental issues. Dr. Roan is pleasant and has a good sense of humor, but also came across as a little bit cocky. The tech and secretary were very nice and helpful! The office is super fancy complete with TVs in every room. They go above and beyond to ensure patient comfort.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Dr Roan said I needed 4 crowns. Went to another dentist and I was told I don't need the crowns. Does not like to be questioned and lacks any real manners.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Similar to the other comment, I also had unnecessary work done and questioned whether another similar procedure needed to be done. He did not like patients questioning his knowledge. That was the last time he saw me! I'm not interested in seeing someone who won't allow patients to ask questions to further their knowledge about their own health.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

He did completely unnecessary work which has now resulted in more problems. When I told him that I wasn't interested and tried to discuss it with him, he said not to worry because my insurance would cover it. If you don't want work done just because your insurance will cover it, don't see Dr. Roan!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2010