Ratings for Dr. Timothy J. Zeddies

I brought my teenage athlete to see Dr. Zeddies for sports-related worry and anxiety, and I couldn't be more pleased with how quickly he was able to help my daughter overcome her issues. We had been to other sports psychologists, and I put Dr. Zeddies at the very top of that list!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

My wife and I had a great experience with Dr. Zeddies in marital counseling. The issues we came to him with were painful and fairly serious, but he gave us much-needed tools to use that have improved our communication and intimacy. Our therapy with him literally saved our marriage, and I recommend him to any couple without hesitation.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

I was pretty burnt on therapy and psychiatrists. I still am for the most part, but my sessions with Dr Zeddies were a breath of fresh air. He talked to me like a real person, seemed genuinely concerned about my situation, and offered straightforward advice that turned out to be pretty useful. His office manager Jenny is awesome---so helpful and nice. It was practically therapeutic just talking to her!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

My psychiatrist referred me to Dr. Zeddies for behavioral therapy for bipolar disorder. I learned a ton over our five meetings about how to manage my symptoms. His suggestions for lifestyle changes and modifications weren't always easy to follow, but he was very sympathetic about my struggles to complete homework assignments and for the first time in a long while it feels that I have some level of control over how I feel.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Dr. Zeddies was a God-send in helping myself and my wife to understand our teenage son at a deeper level and to parent him in a more effective manner. Unfortunately, our son refused to attend any of the family sessions, but what we learned over the course of three meetings with Dr. Zeddies was worth every penny. Thanks Doc!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

I went to Dr. Zeddies for psychological testing to see if I have ADD. At first I was not a fan of three separate appointments, but his office manager (who is great by the way) explained to me all the stuff that insurance requires to get the testing authorized and Dr. Zeddies also explained that he wanted to be certain about the diagnosis, as it might have a big impact on how I go about doing things in my life. Turns out I have a mild case of ADD, which I pretty much suspected, but Dr. Zeddies gave me lots of very helpful recommendations beyond just referring me for medication, which I very much appreciated as a college student at UT.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

If you like your therapist to be practical, you'll love Dr. Z. I finally feel like I have a handle on my generalized anxiety disorder. His homework assignments were a great bridge between sessions, and helped me to apply the coping skills he taught.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

Great guy. Very insightful and down to earth. He uses well-placed humor in a way that made me feel comfortable and relaxed. Highly recommend, particularly regarding issues having to do with depression and anxiety.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

I returned from a overseas military deployment with a diagnosis of PTSD. I was struggling to adjust to how different it is state-side, especially in my relationship with my wife. Dr. Zeddies taught me coping skills and my anxiety improved a lot. But more importantly he provided with with concrete tools for communicating with my wife, and now we're finally back to where we used to be before my deployment. He really seems to understand the unique challenges that military families face, and I would recommend him to any of the fellas in my charge.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

My family had a great experience with Dr. Zeddies from start to finish. His office manager Jenny is absolutely wonderful---she helped me understand a tricky insurance issue and was always a delight. Dr. Z did psychological testing on my college-age son and high school age daughter. His reports were so thorough, clear, detailed and so helpful in explaining some hard-to-understand issues. One of my kids ended up with a diagnosis of ADHD, and I was really worried about medication. Dr. Z spent a lot of time discussing behavioral alternatives with me and my husband, and we both felt like our concerns were taken seriously in a way that quite frankly has not been the case with other doctors.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014