Ratings for Dr. Renata J. Variakojis

Good Dr until she just disappeared April of 2017. No warning, no notice, just completely abandoned her suffering chronic pain patients. Leaving senior citizens whom she hooked on narcotics scrambling to find other doctors, going to ER's or simply going through withdrawl. The creed of "Do no harm" not in her vocabulary. There should be criminal punishment for such behavior!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Dr V. has treated me for a very serious spinal condition with the resulting unrelenting pain for 5 years. She has exhibited extensive knowledge , as well as, an unending empathy for my condition. Her staff are thoughtful, helpful and efficient as well as cheerful. Over 30 to 40 visits I have waited more than 45 minutes once or twice. Dr V. and her staff are a valued partner/addition in the health care environment of Palos Heights Il. Highest recommendation possible.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

Dr. V. has treated the pain in my neck and shoulders. She spends a lot of time with her patients and the results are amazing. Her treatments have worked wonders. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Very knowledgeable, highly-trained and empathetic pain specialist. Helped me immensely with my carpal tunnel syndrome. Don't be dissuaded by slightly longer wait times--great doctors have a lot of patients wanting to see them. I also don't understand gripes about controlled substances--there are strict rules that doctors have to follow about such medications. With all the headaches (pun intended) physicians have to face these days due to insurance issues, Obamacare, etc., it is certainly not "all about making money". Physicians have to work twice as hard to make a fraction of what they used to. I am in a medical field, I know how difficult it has become for many doctors.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Excellent caring physician, was extremely helpful with my chronic pain, would recommend highly

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

They wait for visits was terrible. I wasn't on any controlled substances, but she wouldn't refill my prescription if I was late seeing her. It's all about making money. She was trying to push me into doing treatments I didn't want to do. Her staff was downright rude. They also REFUSED to submit paperwork to the online pharmacy to get a special pain cream covered for me. Pretty much it wasn't even a slightly good experience working with her and her office.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

Dr V truly cares about my condition and spends as much time as necessary to understand my concerns. She is the most understanding doctor that I have seen in the last three years and would not change for anything. My waits are short and the staff is friendly. I'd recommend this is a well-rounded office and a fantastic doctor!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2014

When saw Dr. V, I was in severe constant chronic pain from post concussion syndrome, neck and upper spinal problems for 33 years. Plus lupus, fibro and R.A. V gave worst initial visit ever from a "pain specialist." Barely looked at forms and reports from drs, asked few questions, and insisted I try meds I had tried several times. I never said a word even tho meds were listed as taken, and reactions: all terrible. Usual wait was 2- 4 hours. I decided to see what she could do. Three more times she gave me meds I had already tried 2 or 3 times each for 4 months. Two of those times I had severe serotonin syndrome reactions ever though I warned her about having it previously. Getting meds a nightmare. If saw her on exact day meds due, she wrote your script. Otherwise, had to call nurse and ask her to mail them.If scripts not arrive, nurse screamed at me for not reminding her. If I called to remind, nurse screamed because she sent them out. After 19 visits, quit, just horror show

flag | Submitted January 11, 2014

Dr. Renata J. Variakojis's Credentials

• University Of Chicago - Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

GHI