Ratings for James T. SHAFER

Dr Shafer in a couple of sessions turned my life around. I can't say enough good things about the man.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2019

Excellent therapist and psychologist. Dr. Shafer makes you feel he cares when he listens and then he provides constructive feedback and ideas that he encourages you to question and think through yourself. He helped me through a very difficult period in my life, and was reasonably available during non-appointment hours to help me in crisis. I am very grateful to have found Dr. Shafer!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2019

Dr. Shafer really cares about his patients. He brings vast knowledge and experience into his sessions. He excels at helping to identify clear problems to be solved and clear goals to be achieved while offering a wide array of techniques to help move toward those goals. He provides highly individualized treatment in partnership with the people he helps. He is an outstanding psychologist and excellent therapist.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2018

Dr. Shafer has had such a positive effect on my life. He is very smart, genuine, professional, and very easy to talk to. I am so glad I didn't give up after my first terrible experience with another psychologist. The actual psychologist makes a world of difference!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

Very supportive of the overall health and well being of his patients.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

Outstanding Counselor. So grateful for having the opportunity to work with Jim.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

Dr Shafer's client centered approach is infused with such compassion, respect and transparency that meeting your therapeutic goals is so achievable . After many failed attempts at therapy, Dr Shafer has counseled me to a place of peace within and real happiness.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2017

Dr. Shafer is an amazing therapist. He has helped me so much in overcoming many various obstacles, including anxiety and depression, along with specific ongoing life difficulties. He is great at integrating education, support, homework assignments, hypnotherapy (only if that is your cup of tea, of course), and many other techniques that he personalizes towards you and your individual needs. You will definitely learn a lot when you see him, and it will be up to you to remember it, apply it, and read those books he suggests! He has said a thing or two to me in sessions that will stay with me for life, and I would not be surprised if his other patients do too. I recommend him to everyone, he is such a positive and caring doctor.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Dr. Shafer has been such a blessing. He has listened and guided me through so many

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Dr. Shafer has helped me tremendously over the past few months of working with him. I was nervous about seeking treatment for my anxiety and depression but Dr. Shafer immediately made me feel comfortable. He's so easy to talk to and he really does care about his patients.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2016