Ratings for Dr. James T. SHAFER

Really cool guy. Very good at what he does and is always willing to go beyond what he needs to do. For example I called once late at night expecting to just leave a voicemail but it turned out he picked up the phone while in bed.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

I had a generally positive experience with Dr. Shafer. He was engaged and open. I think the one thing I would have preferred more of was a clear sense of a treatment plan. Instead, he seemed to want to let me come in and talk each time starting from scratch.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

I never believed therapy can be effective until I met Dr.Shafer. He is a very compassionate and a responsible doctor who keenly listens to his patients. He very quickly understands the plight of his patients and comes with workable solutions which have helped me a great deal. One of the very best therapists and I will be ever greatful to him for the help he rendered through his solutions.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

My life is better and richer than I could have ever imagined, and it’s due to the professional help and guidance of Dr. Shafer. He helped me unlock the tools within myself to get my life to where it is today…and I love my life. Every day I wake up, I’m hopeful and excited. It is a great feeling and I finally have a deep internal peace.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

Dr. Shafer is an excellent listener, very compassionate and sympathetic person. He thinks"outside the box" when it comes to finding the ways to help his patients, carefully approaches his patients and makes them very comfortable. Excellent doctor!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Dr. Shafer gets results if you do your part and do the assignments. If you're motivated to get better, he will get you there.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

Dr. Shafer is one of the most genuine and caring individuals I have met. He works in partnership with his patients, and listens with intent to absorb not only the patient's words, but also the unstated feelings behind what is being said. He is available at anytime, and encourages you to speak your mind. I have seen him for 2+ years through death of family members, job loss, and general challenges. Through it all, I never felt alone and always felt supported and safe. I have referred many people to Dr. Shafer, each of whom has found him as described. Dr. Shafer not only loves what he does, but truly cares and works to make the patient's life better.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2014

Before I started seeing Dr. Shafer three years ago, I had been to two other therapists and had formed a negative opinion of therapy. After my very first meeting with Dr. Shafer, I felt very hopeful about the process of therapy and the rest of my life. Dr. Shafer helped me with my depression, anxiety, self-esteem and other "disorders". I tell everyone I know about him and how he saved my life when I was starting to think there was no point to living. Two of my family members have also see him. I have learned so much from Dr. Shafer - about myself, others and the world. Dr. Shafer is an empathetic, respectful and highly skilled therapist who can guide a person to peace and joy. He has immense knowledge, wisdom and a truly special gift to relate to people and help them. No matter what you are struggling with, Dr. Shafer can help you.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2014

Dr. Shafer is a godsend. I met him at the lowest point in my life and he helped me defeat my demons and learn to trust in myself. He is very empathetic yet he "speak the truth" from facts not just his opinion on the situation. He gave me tools that I use in my life that help keep me on track. As far as I concerned he's the best thrrapist one could use.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2013

He's the best therapist ever! Has genuine concern for patients and very professional in handling matters.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2013