Ratings for Dr. Paul R. Rivkin

I saw Dr. Rivkin in January, 2014. I am currently filing a complaint with the Maryland medical board against Dr. Rivkin for malpractice. He is by far the worst doctor I have ever seen. I would not under any circumstances go to him. He refused to prescribe the medication I had taken for years, or taper the dose, or give an alternative, and gave no explanation whatsoever. He encouraged me to kill myself by jumping off the roof of the building.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2014

Very empathetic, but also very forgetful and disorganized. It made me very uncomfortable that he has other patients files all over his desk (and visible). And I wouldn't bother leaving a phone message on his machine with more than your name, he only listens to the first 5 seconds of each message.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2009

Very empathetic and knowledgeable. Part of a small office group of several psychiatrists who were at Johns Hopkins Hospital before going into private practice. Good with treatment-resistent depression.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2008

This doctor's office made me uncomfortable. I could get off the elevator, walk into his office and see no other people! He had no office staff, did everything in his office that was part of a suite. No other doctors were ever there! It was a little strange. Plus, he doesn't take insurance and because I was stable when I went, I ended up paying $120 for 10 minutes of his time! I found another doctor.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2006

Dr. Paul R. Rivkin's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

• BCBS Illinois