Ratings for Dr. Dennis J. Shaning

Having full and intimate knowledge of the precise behavior of my ex-sister-in-law in amazes me how any competent professional could have so rudely and irresponsibly treated this case of my brother's. I am fully aware from first hand experience what my brother spent in terms of money, time, and diligence in trying to not only get a schedule but to see his. She not only blocked a schedule, but prevented my brother from seeing his children at all. I don't understand how during the course of 6 months this doctor couldn't have successfully seen the truth, and found a resolution.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

Dr. Shaning knows little to nothing about facilitating a parenting schedule. My ex-wife and I spent 6 months going to Dr. Shaning with absolutely nothing to show for it but more aggravation and less money in my pocket. My ex has been blocking my parenting time for 9 years and one would expect that if paying a professional to facilitate a parenting schedule that professional would have taken a couple seconds to ask the recalcitrant ex-wife if she would ever agree to a parenting schedule. To know the answer would have meant losing two paying clients. During every session he did most of the talking, used his life experiences as a father in attempts to advise me on how to be a father. How can a man who has never been divorced and dealt with what I have had to deal with advise me on how to be a father? He explicitly said during many sessions that parent alienation never happened, even though I gave him a sampling of old emails showing my ex clearly blocking my parenting time.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2013