Ratings for Dr. Richard C. Bell

The intake appointment took 2 90-minute sessions as he went through a checklist & refused to consider anything else. I am bipolar and was in a mixed episode (suicidal and racing at same time). He did not want to discuss my symptoms when medicated - I have been medicated since my first mania 6 years ago. In the end, he did not diagnose me or prescribe anything, and did not do anything for me. Not only was he rude and inept, he completely wasted my time and money.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2011

I have a lot of respect for this guy but his "bedside manner" seems to have taken the retirement HE so richly deserves. I felt like he *was* interested in helping me but his uber-rigid note taking style is off-putting. I've tried to make two more appointments with him but the "receptionist" doesn't follow through. What a disappointment. This area really needs good psychiatric care (every place does!) and it's just not here.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2011

This guy was the biggest jerk ever. First of all he was 20 minutes late. I was very depressed and just wanted to get an antidepressant. He's and old, gross, rude, arrogant man. The whole time I was talking, he would just lay back and rub his face like he was tired. I was very honest with him and told him all my problems. He got angry at me for not knowing the names of three psychiatrists I briefly saw 5 years ago in a different city- why does that matter? At the end of the session, he told me "I got very little out of this, see a psychologist for four weeks and then see me." He also told me that he thinks I might be autistic which is just absurd, I'm just shy and have depression. He also said many other mean and rude things to me. Don't go to this mean old doctor!!!!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011

Did nothing to help a patient who threatened suicide and admitted to being a drug addict and wanted help. Continued to prescribe her the drugs she had become addicted to, never addressed the issue of suicide. Patient should have been committed to a mental institute as she was clearly a danger to herself and others. This man should lose his license.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2011

Dr. Richard C. Bell's Credentials

• Korean

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal