Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey A. Welgoss

Big thanks to Dr. Welgoss, who did a great job during the whole procedure, and checking on me the next day and answering all my questions. Thank you very much!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

I've had one visit with Dr. Welgoss where he was extremely helpful and seemed interested in my long-term care as a complicated case. I needed to schedule surgery but he wanted to follow-up with my previous doctors before scheduling. I followed up for two months since I hadn't heard from him to try and get an answer about the extent of the surgery and left over ten messages. I just asked for confirmation they were even receiving my messages and the receptionist was extremely rude and didn't seemed concerned the nurses hadn't returned my calls in so long. My condition has worsened and I need to fly to my previous doctor across the country now. This was such a waste of time.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

Dr. Welgoss preformed my surgery. I could not have had a better doctor through the complete process. The staff was also very friendly and professional. I would recommend Dr. Welgoss to anyone that needs an excellent ob/gyn, especially a surgeon.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Jeffery Welgoss by my urologist. I have lived in Nothern Virginia for over forty years and have seen many doctors. Never have I had the experience with a doctor like I did with Dr. Welgoss. He was rude, sarcastic and showed very little interest in the problem I was experiencing. He suggested two things I might consider which required making appointments with two other doctors. I ask him what was I do do in the meantime. He replied, "you have only been here an hour what do you expect a miracle". I was so tempted to walk out, but not being a RUDE person I stayed until the visit was finished. As a 78 year old woman, I should not have experienced the emotional trauma I went through with Dr. Welgoss. I will never recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

Dr. Jeffrey A. Welgoss

Dr. Jeffrey A. Welgoss's response
On behalf of Mid-Atlantic Urogynecology and Pelvic Surgery, we want to apologize for your experience. If you'd like to discuss your experience further with someone from the Privia staff, please contact our Performance Support Manager at 1-888-774-8428. Sincerely, Privia Medical Group.

Submitted October 30, 2015

I had the urethral sling put in by Dr. Welgoss. He had done a perfect job on a friend who had been suffering and she was able to return to running with no problem afterward so I trusted that I would be safe in his hands. He did a perfect job. It's as if I never had a problem. I do ultramarathons and play basketball. This was a good decision. I referred another friend who decided to have the surgery with Dr. Welgoss and she was able to complete a long dreamed of big hike this summer and return to playing basketball and running. I am a bit disappointed that he does not seem interested in long term results and follow up. I have not been contacted since immediately post surgery.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

Welgoss might be charming but he is not a good doctor. There are fare better surgeons in the area. Go find one who will not mess up your surgery, damage your pelvic ligaments, and then take no responsibility for making you better. This surgery has permanently disabled me and I can't warn you away from Welgoss strongly enough. Be very aware of the possible complications because they DO happen -- and much more frequently than Welgoss admits.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

Dr. Welgoss is a superb doctor - the best. He has treated me for several years for various uro-gyn pains and problems. He is an expert in his field, thorough, and both a great problem solver and explainer. Moreover, he has always communicated great respect, concern, and a genuine interest in me. His dedication to his profession is obvious as is his sincerity. I would recommend him to any woman with uro-gyn problems.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2013

I love this doctor. I had pelvic floor/prolapse repair surgery and am recovering well. Dr. Welgoss treated me with care and respect. He spent an hour with me in his office a week before my surgery, explaining everything about the prep, the procedure, possible side affects, recovery process. I felt like he was really interested in me and wanted me to understand it all. He explained the tests I'd had done, and how that affected his decision as to what procedures to use. He explained all my options. When I had trouble with urinary retention after leaving the hospital i called his office at 6 on a Saturday morning. He called me back himself within 5 minutes and had me go to the emergency room. He called ahead so they knew what to do. The problem, which is fairly common, was resolved quickly. My family doctor rated him highly. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2012

Surgery went well but worst After Care I have ever had. Never receive post op instructions. Never checked on me after surgery. When I had issues could not get in to see him. Ended up in Emergency Room for problems with surgery and then tried to get in to be seen only to be ignored by Dr. and Staff even after repeated calls by another Dr. that I needed to be seen immediately. After days of pain finally and no appointment, finally had to find another Doctor. Would never go to this Doctor EVER !! BEWARE !

flag | Submitted September 9, 2009

He was my surgeon for a hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair. Best doctor I have worked with. He was very compassionate and made certain that my husband and I understood all the details of the proceedures. The surgery was in October 2008. My recovery was excellent and I follow up with him occasionally. Having been a very personal and emotional proceedure, I was grateful to have a doctor who spent so much time addressing my fears. I would recommend him to anyone with bladder/pelvic-floor issues.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2009

Dr. Jeffrey A. Welgoss's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1986)