Ratings for Dr. Robynne K. Chutkan

We flew to DC to see the dr for serious gut issues. She wasnt good about getting back to us (she takes a lot of time off). It took 3 months for the tests to come back that she ordered. After we received the tests back that were inconclusive her assistant told us to find a GI doctor in our area. She was more interested in signing the book copy that she gave us. Please don't waste your money on going to this practice.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2017

Numerous bad experiences. I'd been going to her for over a year and a half before she told me I was supposed to be having blood tests monthly, instead of every three months. Why didn't she catch that when I started treatment with her? She also basically ordered me to get surgery and claimed I'd have a bad outcome, like an ostomy, if I didn't; 14 years later and no surgery, and I'm doing fine. She was rigid in her thinking on various medications as well; when I went to a major IBD center for a second opinion, I found much more flexible and open-minded thinking, and willingness to try new approaches. I would not recommend any patient to her. Too bad; she started out with excellent academic credentials, but turned her back on that path. Now she's apparently more into being on Dr. Oz and pushing merchandise (and not taking insurance) than she is into helping patients with complicated and demanding illnesses.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

Agree with other raters. She seems to run a boutique office. No office on Firdays and she won't answer or go to hospitals if you land in one for any reason even her own Georgetown... Not very knowledgeable. In the end, there is better value for your money, and to top it, they don't take insurance.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2013

Cares more about being successful than helping her patients. Not very knowledgeable in her field and limited in her treatment approaches. Didn't take my case serious and did nothing to address nutritional deficiencies, which is a key problem with my condition. Didn't respond to or return phone calls for serious situations that were happening. If you have an emergency, tough luck with getting any help from this doc; not there on Fridays, out of the office often and no emergency phone number to reach.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

I was lucky to cross paths with Dr. Chutkan. After more than 10 years of having painful "attacks" and doctors speculating on diagnosis with everything from Crohn's disease, Irritable Bowel Disease, Lactose Intolerance, Endometriosis, and even Psychiatric disorders, Dr. Chutkan was the first doctor who actually listened to me and my symptoms. She performed tests, tried a few medications and ultimately referred me to another doc because she suspected a non-GI problem as the cause of my symptoms. She turned out to be right, I was cured with surgery and have not had another attack since. I couldn't be more grateful to her for her persistance.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2011

Dr. Chutkan is very friendly and personable, but is superficial in her actual treatment of the patient and cannoto be called a deep thinker. She was too quick to characterize a cancer as early; later it turned out to be quite the opposite. Most seriously, she was unable to come up with an alternate prep regimen for a post-cancer patient for whom colonoscopy bowel prep presented a challenge; instead she had him do the same prep over and over, failing 5 times in a row. (A better GE doc immediately understood the problem (slow transit time) and gave the guy a prep regimen for 2-3 days instead of one.) She's probably ok for routine surveillance, but there are better physicians out there.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2011

Dr. Robynne K. Chutkan's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1991)

MB Health