Ratings for Dr. Mariam Awada

I’m so disgusted and repulsed, I feel like I was assaulted, raped, and abused. I was a patient and I was so hurt and now I understand why everything went downhill. Former staff have reported that Awada isn’t performing liposuction herself, she has a man, Ayoub Sayeg, doing this for her because she can’t as a result of an injury to her surgical hand back in 2012. She was closed down for 3 years because of this injury. I know this man did my liposuction, which is an epic failure cosmetically and medically - been in hospital multiple times - still needing more repair surgery. I’m beyond horrified that I paid for Awada to do my surgery and some man I didn’t know or approve touched my body whilst I was asleep - I feel dirty, I feel victimized! I was told who and why former staff also helped create fake positive on-line reviews and also falsified medical records of many patients. Awada did favors for them, bought a car, paid a divorce attorney, paid down payment a house... Her staff sold their souls to the devil but have finally come to their senses and left her office. As I write this I feel nauseated and agitated, I can’t believe this happened to me, and others as well. Please do not go there, please save yourself!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2019

I’ve been a patient, I’m ashamed to admit it, I’m embarrassed to have been such a fool. Went there for one issue, was talked into 6 procedures. My friends and family can’t believe what she did to me during and after the surgeries. She left me to my own devices post-op, never responded to my calls and texts for help, never saw me for over 5 weeks. When I finally saw her, she insisted I take a pain pill and a tranquilizer - claimed I was too nervous. Sure I was nervous, I was a wreck, my hemoglobin was so low, my breasts were infected, my stomach was distended, I was as weak and helpless as a new born baby. I brought a friend and a tape recorder when I finally saw her, it’s as clear as a bell what she said and did to me... Get ready for it now, she released my medical records 12 weeks after I requested them and the record for the date I taped her is in direct conflict with what she said and did to me. My medical record for that day states I begged for pain pills, you can hear me in the recording saying, “No, I don’t want pills”. I had a small opening in my breast, the MA took a photo and showed it to Awada before she came into the treatment room, she then came back to me and said Awada was going to suture my breast, hummmm, the intrigue of it all... Guess what, my medical records include an op report for suturing my breast but in my recording you can hear Awada say, “No, now that I see it, it’s ok, you don’t need to be sutured”. I’ve got lots more I could relay but I think you get the point, she falsifies medical records. Please spare yourself the humiliation, the emotional trauma, and the physical and medical damage, do not go to Marian Awada. Believe what I’m telling you, be safe, not sorry, like me!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2019

I’ve been coming here for 7 years now and I’ve never had one bad experience. In fact I’m always rewarded for being a loyal patient. I’ve referred all my family members here. My mom had a procedure here and so did my father. The employees are so good to patients and the doctor is so sweet. One person id like to mention that always takes good care of me is Shimaa she does my PRP and I’ve never met someone as sweet as her. She defiantly stands out. The doctor has good bed side manner and will take excellent care of you.

Submitted June 14, 2019

AWADA THREATENED TO SUE ME FOR TELLING THE TRUTH IN MY ON LINE REVIEWS OF THE ABUSE SHE SUBJECTED ME TO. I REFUSE TO REMOVE MY REVIEWS, THEY ARE FACTUAL! FYI, IM NOT THE ONLY ONE, I PERSONALLY KNOW OF AT LEAST 10 OTHER PATIENTS WHOM SHE ALSO ABUSED AND HURT! I’M NOT TALKING BAD COSMETIC RESULTS HERE, BUT MEDICAL PHYSICAL DAMAGE, SOME LIFE THREATENING, LIKE WHAT HAPPENED TO ME! My medical records are falsified and I can prove it, can she prove it’s not true, I know she can’t, and she knows it too! She’s trying to bully me, it’s her MO, done it to others; but, I won’t be bullied, that’s only adding insult to injury! God allowed me to survive the Awada “touch” for a reason, to help others! If you’re a patient, protect yourself, put your phone on record to prove whats really said and done to you. Don’t let her staff tell you you can’t record, if they do then put the phone in your purse and record, it’s legal, Michigan is a one party state! Later, you’ll be happy you have this proof because I know of several other patients, besides me, who have falsified records. It’s what Awada does to cover up the truth of the care (or lack thereof) that she provides, including that she abandons patients post op and allowed an esthetician to suture incisions, drain seromas, trim necrotic tissue from surgical sites, aspirate abscesses, and more! That’s only the tip of the Nightmare on Inkster Road’s story. The plot thickens the more I research and investigate Awada. I know that at least 4-5 of her key staff have left since February this year (2019). These women were a part of the problem, they knew Awada was hurting patients, and continued to encourage patients to trust her. When things went downhill, employees told patients how to ask for refunds (which usually included having to sign a release of liability - so she can’t be sued later for malpractice), they call it your “divorce decree”, Debbie Alread knows (office manager), she’s the go between. They would covertly tell the damaged patients to get their records and find another doctor. Sadly, they only did this after the patients were so damaged no other doctor could fix them. I’ll give credit where credit is due, those 4-5 employees have finally come to their senses and left Awada, and are now helping the damaged patients, for that I thank them. It’s the least they can do after they allowed and encouraged us to trust Awada. I had multiple procedures on one day , lipo, breast resection, PRP, skin tightening, neck revision, and more. It almost killed me, I’ve been in hospital on multiple occasions and still need more medically necessary surgeries to repair my abdominal wall and lymph nodes that Awada burned so badly I’m in constant pain. Not only that her cosmetic results are non existent. All I have to show for the supposed cosmetic plastic surgery is scars, lumps, bumps, disfigurement and a lighter pocketbook - almost $25,000 lighter! Also, isn’t it odd that every time a negative review is posted that suddenly 4-5 glowing positive reviews are posted. Sadly, Awada’s focus is on keeping up a 5 star review on all sites, the energy and money expended in that regard should be used provide proper care for her patients. It’s not a secret she gives free facials and Botox to bribe patients to leave positive reviews. Plus, former (probably current too) employees know she does that and how she falsified records too. If this all sounds surreal, I understand, but it’s the truth, and I know firsthand, I’m trying to let others know so they do not become victims like myself and others have. We might have been broken by Awada but we’re strong women, the truth must be told! Feel free to contact (on Yelp at “D S”) if you’ve been hurt, want to vent, or need emotional support, you’re not alone. Lastly, Awada, DO NO MORE HARM!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2019

STAY SAFE, STAY AWAY! If you believe the positive reviews and go to Awada then you deserve what you get, you’ll live to regret it. Watch how a gaggle of positive reviews (4-5) will suddenly appear in one day and always after a negative review is posted. It’s no secret that patients are offered free services to post positive reviews. Sadly more time is spent in that office on keeping reviews up than patient care. I’m a former patient, the worst mistake of me life, and I could have died from Awadas neglect! Awada never saw me after surgery, had an esthetician performing surgical procedures on me, withheld my medical records for months, falsified my medical records, and did the same to others. How do I know she did this to others you, we’ve compared notes, been assisted by former employees of Awada. Yes, the surgery mill staff is jumping ship, scared they too will go down with the sinking ship named Awada. She must be stopped before she hurts any more women. SOS SOS SOS!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2019

I don’t usually do this but Dr. M changed my life. I didn’t get married until I had my surgery because I didn’t want my fiancé at the time to see my breast and stomach. I cried my first appointment after my surgery when I saw myself. I couldn’t believe my eyes and how skin and shaped my body looked. I’m not gonna lie I did gain weight after my honeymoon but that’s on me and it seems like a lot of people blame the doctor for the way they treat themself after surgery. I would highly recommend coming to Michigan Cosmetic Surgery. She talks to me like a friend and I love my patient coordinator she was so specific and detailed. She answered all my questions. I’m a shy person and this office made me feel amazing without having to feel uncomfortable which I did with other doctors. The staff and the facility is great. I wanted to say thank you for letting me live in my own skin and be comfortable and happy ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

flag | Submitted June 12, 2019

Don't go anywhere else but here!!!!! Let me start by saying I am a new person and my confidence is back. I haven't felt better in so many years. This woman will make you feel like you're the only patient she has and trust me she has a lot you'll see yourself when you come in for your consult how busy this office is. Patients in and out and soooooo busy but they accommodate you and when you're in the room you feel like you truly is the main focus and not like what the other comments say. I came in for a procedure that was totally not for me and this beautiful woman Dr. Mariam Awada was able to direct me in the right way and guide me towards the proper procedure. She is so loving and treats each patient in abreally special way

flag | Submitted June 12, 2019

Awada DO NO MORE HARM - CLOSE UP SHOP! She is a terrible surgeon, no skin closing skills, no surgical finesse, she provides no aftercare, and she couldn’t even remember what surgeries she did on me! I paid almost 25k and was left in the hands of an esthetician impersonating a nurse to treat life threatening post op Issues. I had 3 different bacterial infections that this Imposter nurse lied to me about and was hospitalized for this. Was hospitalized for new drains to remove the necrotic hematoma that Awada said was “normal”. She told me not to listed to the ER doc about my infections or the hematoma on the CAT scan - thank God I took his advice instead of hers! Having more surgery by a real surgeon to help me medically, not just cosmetically. I was completely abandoned and damaged, I felt victimized, and when I came to my senses in the middle of this catastrophe I took record of the events. After hiring a lawyer and almost 90 days later I discovered Awada had my records falsified. 5 of her key staff left since Feb this year - they were a part of the nightmare. Now they’re all sorry and are helping the victims - they never should have been a part of the madness to begin with, no integrity. Awada stares out to space, no eye contact, she slurs, she contradicts herself, she falsified medical records. She needs to be closed down. REPORT HER TO SOM LICENSING. SOMEONE MUST STOP THE MADNESS OF AWADA’s PRACTICE, SO SHE STOPS HURTING PEOPLE!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2019

I love this office. I must say I feel at home when I come here. The office is very welcoming and elegant. Employees treat you with respect and you don’t feel like you are just a customer. You are able to do any kind of treatment from head to toe here. They offer surgical and nonsurgical procedure. I don’t have time for the downtime so I’ve done coolsculpting myself and love my results. I look my best at 45 and my husband even started coming for treatments (brown spots), and he got his eyes done here and had great amazing results. Dr. Mariam is funny and takes her time with you before and after your procedure. She doesn’t leave the room until all your questions are answered. The medical assistant is very friendly and nice. You will defiantly regret not coming here because you won’t be treated that way anywhere else. Ask for a discount they are always willing to help with the price and bring down the price to a reasonable amount

Submitted June 12, 2019

As a patient I can say I’m so hapy and satisfied with my fillers and facials that I’ve had with Michigan Cosmetic Surgery. I’ve been coming here for over 5 years now and the office is only getting nicer and nicer it’s beautful and elegant. The staff is beyond amazing and helpful. They are willing to help with anything and treat you like family. Dr. Awada remembers anything you tell her personally and always makes time to make sure you’re doing well and makes your visit so customized. I’ve referred friends and family here that have gotten mommy makeovers, liposuction, and fat grafting with great results. Honestly, when you pick your doctor just make sure they are board certified like Dr. Awada and are experienced. My visits have been great and Dr. Awada is so generous with patients.

Dr. Mariam Awada's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

A Plastic Surgeon’s Hand… A Woman’s Touch We all desire to maintain the best outward appearance as a reflection of our overall well being and individual success. For that reason, plastic surgery has become integrated in our society. It enables us to rejuvenate our appearance, improve our body image, strengthen our self-confidence, restore our vitality, and help us look as beautiful and as refreshed as we feel. Michigan Plastic Surgery specialist Dr. Mariam brings a woman’s perspective to the field of plastic surgery and uses her expertise and knowledge to help a patient look their best. Dr. Mariam’s authority in cosmetic plastic surgery comes with over 15 years experience. Dr. Mariam welcomes you to her practice for a complimentary consultation to discuss any of your cosmetic needs and desires. After listening to your cosmetic goals and obtaining your medical history, she will perform your physical examination. Based on your goals and examination she will determine if you are a candidate and present you with a specific plan to achieve your goals. In addition, you will review her extensive before and after photo gallery, discuss the procedure benefits and risk, preparation, and recovery time in detail. She encourages you to bring a list of questions to discuss and review any concerns you may have. Dr. Mariam looks forward to sharing her knowledge and expertise to bring out the beauty within you. She has acquired extensive training in all facets of plastic surgery and is dedicated to provide you with the best results. She is compassionate and is focused on patient care and satisfaction. Dr. Mariam is a graduate from the world’s top plastic surgery program. Her exceptional results bring her patients from all of Michigan and other states. She is an expert and world leader in cosmetic surgery procedures such as: breast augmentation, breast lift, breast reduction, tummy tuck, liposuction, facelifts, neck lifts, nose surgery and silicone and saline breast implants. She is an expert at performing non-surgical facial rejuvenation and will listen and customize a facial rejuvenation treatment plan. She offers the complete spectrum of minimally invasive procedures such as BOTOX, Juvederm, Restylane, Radiesse, chemical peels and laser rejuvenation therapy. She maintains a wide array of affordable skin care products to meet your individual skin care needs and maintenance. She also offers the latest medical products such as the gratifying eyelash enhancer Latisse! Please call and schedule your consultation with Dr. Mariam, world leading female cosmetic surgeon to begin your enhancement and new life! Look as Beautiful as You Feel! (248) 948-5500

• Arabic
  • Spanish

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)
  • University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas (Grad. 2003)

UnitedHealthcare