Ratings for Dr. Cristina Matera

incredibly thorough and caring . shared much needed and generally unavailable information about prescribing birth control to others with my disorder. was compassionate, validating and immensely helpful in contraceptive counseling and other related medical needs. if you've had bad experiences with other gyns and/or birth control prescriptions and need honest, empowering guidance about your reproductive health choices, see Dr. Matera.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

For the first time in many years (I am 64), I have a physician who actually takes time to understand the person within the patient. Having seen many physicians in many areas, she is among the best and for me my favorite doctor. I have complete confidence that I am receiving the best care possible. She is compassionate as well as competent, patient as well as professional. I have recommended her to my daughter who will switching to her care. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

I'm 69 years young and have been using Dr. Matera as my OBGYN for many many years. I'm perplexed as to the reviews filed several years ago. Based on my experience with doctors in today's world, Dr. Matera is extraordinary - one of one. Dr. Matera spends approximately one-hour with me, reviewing my current status since my last annual visit - prescriptions, concerns, etc. She is competent, caring, and extremely thorough. If you're looking for a very knowledgeable doctor, I highly recommend Dr. Matera.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

I have read the other reviews and am very surprised. Dr. Matera has been my gynecologist for over 10 years. Other doctors suggested I have a hysterectomy for my bleeding problems but Dr. Matera skillfully managed my problem with medications and hormones, completely avoiding an operation. She is caring, knowledgeable and always returns my calls. Most importantly, she cares for me as a whole person, going beyond just the gynecological issues. She does not accept any insurance plans, but her office does all of the insurance submissions so that all I have to do is deposit the check when it arrives. I think that she is the best!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2014

As a peer I used to think that Dr. Matera is very knowledgable and bright. I was her patient for the past 7 years. After a recent consultation with her where she tried to push me to have a procedure that I absolutely did not need, I have to agree with the comment that said her ability in patient care is diminished hugely. It seems that her medical judgement is tainted by financial incentives and the staff seem to be inefficient in their communication with one another since one could tell you something and the other something quite different. Such a shame that I have to change my doctor.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013

Dr. Matera used to be amazing but her level of patient care has truly diminished. I don't know what's happened with that office recently but she has become uncommunicative, dismissive, impatient, insensitive and overall leaves you feeling like you need to advocate for yourself because she's nowhere to be found. Especially with fertility treatment, you would think she would recognize the importance of letting her patients know what's going on but she leaves you in the dark (even with important results like information regarding your embryos). My guess is the office has taken on too many patients but either way, it's not good. Also, Dr. Brown is a nightmare and she seems to be there more often than either of the other doctors so you'll often get stuck dealing with her. Infertility is stressful enough and this office certainly doesn't improve matters.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2012

Secretary skipped over me twice and I was finally seen 1.5 hours after appt time. Dr. Matera is haughty and condescending; that's how she is with me,and I'm a peer! Don't ask her about what concerns you, because she'll just dismiss you. For less than 15 min of her time, I am charged $300 and then have to take another day off from work to return because I was seen too late in the day to get the US scheduled!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011