Ratings for Dr. Alan J. Kivitz

Dr Kivitz is very knowledgeable and tries to find solutions for what ails you. Very nice bedside manner. Treats me and my husband with respect. I'm very satisfied with Dr Kivitz as my Rheumatologist.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Dr. Kivitz has very poor bedside manners. He does not listen to patient concerns. He actually argued with me about how I was feeling--like he would know! I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I have gotten nowhere with my pain or with a diagnosis after four visits.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

He is very kknowlegeable ,after you check in it takes awhile to see the Dr., and he does want you to do alot of clincal testing on new drugs.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2012

Dr Kivitz is more concerned about getting you into his "clinical trial studies" than he is anything else. Sometimes you have to wait a very long time and then you see a PA.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2012

This doctor is the head of the Altoona Arthritis & Osteoporosis Center located in Duncansville, PA. I see Dr. Frederick Murphy in this office regarding, mainly, my fibromyalgia....also osteo-arthritis and osteoporosis. Dr. Murphy not only knows his stuff but is a most compassionate, kind and caring man. He works with you until he has attained the best level of treatment for you. I have not had but one incident in that office with one person that was unpleasant. I would recommend facilitating this office and the two doctors mentioned for any problem in conjunction with arthritis. This facility does clinical studies as well as has the necessary equipment and personel to do the doctors' ordered testing which is a huge plus when it is difficult for you to get around in the first place.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2008

Not so sure about this guy. Went to another RD and I was over medicated. Sometimes I think he is more interested in his study programs than his patients.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2006

THIS IS MY DR. I HAVE GREAT RESPECT FOR HIM AS A PHYSICIAN. BESIDES BEING A DR. HE ALSO DOES RESEARCH ON ARTHRITIS, AND SKIN DISEASES SUCH AS LUPUS, DISEAES OF THE SKIN AND MANT OTHER THIGS. HE IS EXTREMELY KNOWLEDGABLE, EFFICIENT, AND CONFIDENT A TRUE ASSET TO HIS PROFESSION. THANKS DR. KIVITS

flag | Submitted April 25, 2006

Dr. Alan J. Kivitz's Credentials

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 1977)