Ratings for Dr. Michael G. Weathersby

He often suggested extreme (and expensive) procedures that were not needed and claimed that to get my teeth fully straight (i have been wearing braces) I would need teeth extractions, jaw lengthening surgery, or a permanent appliance put in. These seemed ridiculous so I continued with braces and bands. When I came back he went on about how great the results are from the extractions he thought I had done. Once I told him I didn't he went quiet and finished the meeting. He later said I needed wisdom teeth removed right now, that they were impacted, and I would need an impossible amount of jaw growth to keep them. My wisdom teeth are not coming in, cause no pain, and appear to have plenty of room to come in when looking at x-rays. Whenever I said I wanted to continue the braces & bands, he would actually whine about how "well we can try i guess". I have good results from the braces, but am very disappointed in his attempts to make money off unneeded or potentially harmful procedures.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2014