Ratings for Dr. Perry W. Sexton

Dr. Sexton was great at diagnosing my torn meniscus. He spotted the problem while I was standing at his chalk board with my knee completely covered by my leggings. He ordered an MRI, and there was the evidence. Both the later and medial meniscus of my knee were torn. I was able to get acupuncture treatments at his office for pain management of my knee and back. He has knowledge of nutritional supplements, and I found that refreshing in an MD. However, don't stretch out on the sofa in his waiting room. I did that one day when I had a back injury, and his front desk receptionist didn't approve. It appeared that Dr. Sexton has that policy. It was an irritation to both Dr. Sexton and his receptionist, and I had a rather unpleasant experience at my appointment. I was already in pain from the fall, and Dr. Sexton proceeded to reprimand me. He asked me if I also laid down in elevators??? Wait a second! "Isn't this a doctors office?" ......Just make sure that you follow his proper patient etiquette, and you will like him. I see that his receptionist lacks empathy with patients in the waiting room and on the phone. You'll see it for yourself when you visit Dr. Sexton.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

Been going there since the beginning and always appreciate all they do. I do worry that the practice is getting a little too big, the practice isn't quite as 5 star as it was a couple of years ago.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

I should have left when I heard Sexton and another man, whom I later learned was his loud, self obsessed nurse, Rick, discussing marketing options to attract more patients, as I waited for my appointment. Not good. It was easy to get an appt. Maybe too easy. And I.learned why. They took my cash up front, then I was seen by Sexton for less than 5 minutes, who misdiagnosed my condition. Awful experience. I had to come up with more money to go to a different doctor. Don't gamble on Sexton with your health and cash, especially if you have no insurance.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2013

Dr Sexton does not listen well and interrupts to go off on tangents that do not address the issue. He is too ready to prescribe meds- even addictive meds - without obtaining patient history, or advising patient about meds. My confidentiality was not respected and it is easy to hear the business of other patients. The nurse asks questions before you see the Dr. but he often interrupts before all info is gathered, leaving him uninformed. Then, he passes you off to the nurse, Rick, who talks rapidly about himself while showing you an exercise that is not appropriate because they haven't done a physical to know why that exercise is wrong and detrimental!! I suppose Dr Sextons intentions were good in the beginning, but his office is now, an unprofessional, hot mess.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2013

Dr Sexton is what ALL doctors should aspire to be. His knowledge is very high, he shows sincere interest in knowing what your problems and needs are. He takes the time and listens to you. Dr Sexton provides a full service and convenient practice. The staff are warm, friendly and helpful. I recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2012

I've been extremely impressed with Dr.Sexton's attentiveness & care for my well being.Not only was my illness treated, but Dr.Sexton educated me on the value of increasing my activity level,& gave me a regimine of simple movements to incorporate into my daily routine. This preventative medicine has become a new lifestyle for me, and his helpful regular 'check in' emails sure keep me motivated.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2011

Dr Sextone medical actions and ethics bring down the medical profession. This Doc is an adversary to a patient health well being.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2010

Dr. Perry W. Sexton's Credentials

• Loma Linda University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Encinitas, CA