Ratings for Dr. Lee Voulters

I was with Dr Voulters for a few years and thought he was ok until my last visit with him. I kept telling him that my memory is not good during the last few visits. Well, the last visit the nurse was going over family history and I mentioned that there was history of dementia. Dr Voulters came into the room and raised his voice telling me that I do not have dementia. It took me by surprise and told him that I did not think that. He sat down and told me it was probably the mirapax that's causing my memory issues. He said that I can get off of the mirapax. I asked him about my restless legs. He got irritated with me and said it was my choice to get off of mirapax or not. That I had to decide which is more important - my memory or restless leg. I told him my memory was and that I would go ahead and quit taking mirapax. He said ok and left the room. I stopped taking mirapax that night and after a few days I became suicidal. Dr Voulters neglected to tell me that I needed to taper off with mirapax. I will never see him or recommend him again.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

I have found him to be quite good. What others may have described as lack of concern, I think is more that he details exactly what his thoughts are about your specific condition. He will talk with you about medications, dosages, and effects, and will customize them for you according to your input. I would strongly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

Dr. V is an awesome doctor. Along with his extensive knowledge, the staff is understandable to a patients needs and priorities. Anyone who says any different, is not a patient of his. I have been with him mover 5 years as a patient. Without him, I would be lost and in terrible pain. Because of Dr. V, I am able to function in life. Sincerely, Thomas Martin

flag | Submitted October 11, 2013

Practicing at the Street Clinic in Vicksburg, MS at the time. I was seen by him several times as I bascialy had little to know choice. He was the only Neurologist on my health insurance plan as a preferred provider. Very opinionated, as though he is the only one who could possibly be correct. Yet he will follow down the path of other doctor's diagnosis if he cannot find anything to the contrary and will do so without much additional effort or investigating in my opinion. Spend your money on another Neurologist if only for a doctor with a tad more concern for the patient, personality and your peace of mind.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2010

I had an appointment at Dr. Voulters' office in Gulfport. I was highly disappointed in the services provided. Not only did I wait a long time to get into a room, I still waited when I got there! What was the most disappointing part of my fifteen minute appointment, though, was not so much the waiting, but the attitude of Dr. Voulters! I had an MRI done and brought a copy down with me and explained the results that were found. Without even reviewing the results, he said, "I don't believe it!" and "threw" the disc in my folder. He also, without further review, "diagnosed" me, something that my other specialist had already ruled out. The other specialist had spent a very long time with me before ruling certain things out. I was at Dr. Voulters' to review more of what they DID find in my MRI. He basically defamed the other doctor and the radiologist! At least review the history and study an MRI before throwing out any diagnosis and rushing patients off!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2010

After taking my brother to a Psychiatrist and him spending a week in a Psych unit, he was still experiencing high blood pressure, unusual behavior, no memory of parts of time, dissappeared for 2 days, but was found safe with no memory of event. He had been treated for depression for years, but I suspected something physical. I requested referral to Neurol and Dr Voulters saw my brother. After a few tests in his office,he told me, in front of my brother, that he was "just mentally ill". I did not agree and told him so. We went to GP who said he looked fine. We saw an eye Dr who after checking his periph vision said get him to a Med Dr asap. After 2wks,we saw Int Med Dr & I insisted on an MRI. A very large Glioblastoma was near the left optic nerve,& pushing other lobe of brain over,probable cause of >BP. If an Optometrist and myself could practically diagnose this, I feel an inexperienced neurologist should have caught this.Family know their loved ones. No reccommendations here.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2009

Good doctor.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2008

Dr. Lee Voulters's Credentials

• Univ Of London, Royal Free Hosp Sch Med (See 917-34) (Grad. 1978)

AARP