Ratings for Dr. Massimo Balestri

I have been Dr. Balestri's client for the past six years. I began seeing him a month after my 25th birthday. I came to Dr. Balestri in need of therapy after a very rocky and tumultuous childhood. Since becoming one of Dr. Balestri's clients , I have made great strides in many aspects of my life. He is a very fair, honest, and straightforward man and he brings those traits to his practice. When I leave the office feeling better I know that Dr. Balestri is helping me. Sometimes, when I leave his office and feel drained or uneasy, I know that he helped me more than usual and I know I am doing the work I need to do with his ever present honest and professional guidance. He always keeps me honest and on my toes. It is a pleasure being a client of Dr. Balestri.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Please don't see this quack of a psychologist. A friend of mine saw this person for 10 years and twice a week for the last 3 years. When my friend lost his job this person suggested he take out a loan to pay for therapy instead of offering him a significant discount . I would consider this a mild form of patient abandoment after 10 years. Therapists have to understand that they have a great influence over their patients who are often very vulnerable and needy. I want to know what kind of skills or behavioral modifications did this therapist offer my friend over a 10 year period. This therapist should feel ashamed to call himself a healthcare professional. Finding a therapist in a big city is a daunting task. Many of them are eager to take your money for years without giving you a plan for your issues. Therapists are not there to "fix" you . I see them as mental health guidance counselors,to reinforce healthy behaviors and point out unhealthy ones. If you care about your mental health do not see this person. I would reccomend John Morrow a social worker in NYC who had loads of behavioral health experience and DrKonstantin Lukin in Hoboken.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

Not a good experience, personally would not recommend.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015