Ratings for Dr. Laurence K. Tokaz

Dr. Tokaz is not on top of his practice, he does not read test results for weeks, and sometimes months after the test, when treatment is no longer possible. My experience with him is that he is amazingly negligent in comparison with other onologists.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

The most caring, knowledgable and thoughtful Doctor I have had the privilege of seeing. Cancer is an incredibly tough experience and he could not be more empathetic and caring with the patient, the family and anyone involved. Plus, he is exceptionally smart and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2012

This was my mother's doctor. She was diagnosed in January 1994. He gave her no hope. When I told him she was still smoking, he said that was fine. There has been a study that said the doctor should discourage this with their patient. He was cold and uncaring and I did not like him at all.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2011

I received great care from Dr.Tokaz who always discussed my treatment with me and we made the decisions together. Happy to say I am celebrating 20 years as a survivor. He is kind, involved and always returned my phone calls to answer any questions I had. So glad I chose him for my physician!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2011

Dr. Tokaz has been caring for my husband for over six months. He has always been caring, an advocate for my husband's needs, and helped make this rough journey more tolerable. His staff is wonderful and I am happy to have found such a wonderful doctor!

flag | Submitted December 27, 2010

Dr. Tokaz is a very knowledgeable, caring physician and I have been his patient for over 6 years. He always discusses my treatment plans, offers options, and is supportive and informative. He was recommended to me by other health care professionals, and I have great confidence in him. Not only is he good clinically, but he is also patient, compassionate, and never makes me feel rushed when he sees me and answers my questions. I am happy to recommend him to others based on my very positive experience, and that of several other friends who are his patients.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2010

Dr. Tokaz is very very caring and does what he thinks is best for his patients. He takes time to listen and explains why he thinks you need the treatment prescribed. He was a huge help for me when I was battling cancer.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2009

this is a very unscrupulous doctor running a chemo-mill. Regardless your tumor markers and other data, this office always pushes chemo. The will not give you any information on the drug protocols they are using and are extremely pushy and rude. When I, and my advocate asked for information on what and why he was recommending a round of chemo for me (when every other specialist in town felt that it was not necessary) I was told that that was what they did. If I didn't go along, I was told my case was helpless (it wasn't). When asked about drug protocols I was told that I couldn't possibly understand this (I have advanced university degrees as does my advocate) and besides I was just 'going to be really sick and all my hair would fall out". My personal physician immediately referred me to SWRCC (which is wonderful!!) and took this doctor's practice off of the list of doctors they refer people to.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2008

When asked for medical journal and research information drug protocols recommended for treatment and when asked if there were a variety of options , this doctor turned mean and said that this was not appropriate information for a patient as he knew best. Fortunately, I had someone to advocate for me and they persisted in asking for information. Finally the doctor turned us over to the chief chemo nurse who said she knew nothing about what we were asking for. Finally, she and the doctor said " your going to be really sick and lose your hair!!' (as if we didn't already know this. Beware, this is just a money mill for this doctor (who was excluded from being an Austin associate of MD Anderson - that should tell you something). Needless to say, we fired this doc on the spot, went back to our family physician who also crossed this doc off their list and recommended us to the wonderful folks at Southwest Regional Cancer Center. research carefully and get a good impartial advocate.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2008

Dr Tokaz helped to save my life. He is a very good doctor but, most importantly, a warm and caring human being. He goes above and beyond the norm, even offering to bring necessary medication to my home when the insurance co. was balking about it.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2007

Dr. Laurence K. Tokaz's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1979)

MB Health