Ratings for Dr. Luahna Ude

This Dr and her "ANGRY" so called Secretary should be investigated on fraud! I do not want to go into great detail, but I can tell you that they are collecting co pay's from patients while under contracts with insurance companies. They are not billing insurance companies after collecting your money! I found out that it is illegal for them to do this. I just went to this Dr and wonderd why it was taking so long for my insurance statement to come? Well when I caled I found out that they never billed them. "3 Times" every time I called to discuss this situation with her secretary , her response was ( and I quote) What would you like me to do? I'm trying to run a office here. I sat in her waiting room on two different occasions while waiting for my appointment and heard her make that same statement to everyone who called that office ! I have filed a complaint with my insurance company against this office and I am not stopping there. I am filing a complaint with the State Medical Board!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2013

I saw her a year ago or so, therefore I don't remember specifics. But I do recall that she and her staff were of the utmost of friendly and helpful. Dr. Ude was very personable - which you don't always find in psychiatrists. They usually want to get you in and get you right back out.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

I do NOT recommend.I saw Dr. Ude for a weight loss surgery pshocological exam. She was rude throughout the session. She said she would file her report with the doctor, but needed to go on anti-depression medication and call her back after taking the meds for 2-3 weeks. I indicated as I was leaving I would also be looking into a therapist and asked for recommendations. She did not require it as part of the requirement for the surgery. I did as asked. Then 1 month later received a call from her office staff indicating I needed to see a therapist before they would submit an addendum. This person gives false information and now I am at risk because I have to see a therapist for completely non-related issues. Not impressed. I would not recommend!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

Dr. Ude is fantastic! She is incredibly intelligent and organized. She assigns me homework and checks in during our next visit. She interacts during my session and she has taken the time to return my phone call during a difficult time. I have great respect for her and she has been helpful in my recovery.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2013

just wanted to say they treat you like crap!! went there for an evaluation and both her and her secretary treat you like a child! very unhappy with the service i was provided! and they tried to bill me 2x.... grrr...

flag | Submitted September 11, 2012

I have been to Dr Ude six times so far and am very impressed with her. She listens, then actually comes up with suggestions/recommendations for me to try - these have been useful and worked for me. What a surprise to find a psychologist who actually interacts with her patients and doesn't just sit there. I have found her to be pleasant, compassionate, understanding and caring. She was recommended to me by a friend who was very happy with the results she got with Dr Ude. I have to agree! She's a gem! I would recommend her to anybody, with no reservations.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2012

Dr. Ude is removed and distant. As someone else said - this is apparently a business for her - not about caring and compassion. I don't think she really give a****, so it makes it difficult to trust.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2011

Dr. Ude is extremely intelligent and has a tremendous amount of insight. My father is a psychologist and so I have been able to manipulate therapists in the past. I can't manipulate her which actually leads to my development. I don't always leave my sessions feeling GREAT about myself, but I view that as the benefit of having a therapist that pushes me outside of my comfort zone and encourages me to grow. I appreciate the sessions I spend with Dr. Ude and am happy that I found her on my first try.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2011

Horrible experience! I found Dr. Ude to be condescending, critical, arrogant and rude. After several sessions she complained that I never had anything "positive" to say during therapy -- I was seeing her after a traumatic event in my life and didn't HAVE anything positive to say! I didn't know I was there to say positive things -- I was trying to deal with very serious issues. I finally just stopped going to her and found a much better therapist. I would NEVER recommend Dr. Ude. She is a strange duck.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2010

I have seen Dr. Ude for about 12 visits for depression. I find her empathetic and attentive to my issues. She has a lot of insight and helpful hints which have helped me to gradually improve. She is polite and sensitive. I read the other comments and wonder if they are talking about the same doctor that I saw. She was recommended by another provider that I saw [and loved], but lost that insurance so needed to find someone else. I would highly recommend her. The comment that she doesn't take a break between patients was true: but then again, she took extensive notes when we were talking, so unsure why she would need a break. She has helped me a lot and I am very glad that I chose her as a therapist.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2010