Ratings for Dr. Rebekah A. Trochmann

This is the worse Internist I have ever met. I took my elderly mother to see her, and Dr. Trochmann treated her badly, was rude and condescending, uncompassionate and did not explain a possible plan of treatment. I explained that my mother had recently had a stroke and was unable to stand or steady herself. Then she proceeded to have one he of her assistants put my mother on a scale to weigh her. She began to fall off the scale and I then had to grab her and hold onto her as she was beginning to fall off the scale. Her assistant did nothing to help my mother onto or off the scale. This was a very dangerous situation directed at my frail mother. Dr. Trouhman dismissed the information that I gave her prior to having her assistant place my mom on the scale. She yelled at me and humiliated my dear mother in front of the office staff. She is very unprofessional and talked down to me. I am highly educated with my Doctorate Degree and do not appreciate Dr. T. treating me as if I am an unintelligent person. Educated or not, this doctor has no right to have such a pompous attitude towards others. She is no better than anybody else and needs to take classes on to behave towards others and have a more caring heart. She is one mean doctor who I would advise anybody to never seek her out. You will be very disappointed if you do. There are so many wonderful Internists in the area. I suggest that you seek them out if you want to be treated in a humanly manner and treated with compassion and professionalism with high ethics and morals. Dr. T is cold hearted and once again, she is a mean person.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2017

Rebekah Trochmann has been my doctor for over 30 years, even before moving to The Portland Clinic. I have always felt very comfortable with her and find her to be an excellent physician and a very kind person. I actually enjoy conversing with her during my appointments and never feel rushed along even when what I am discussing is not necessarily pertaining to health issues. Her staff are kind and go out of their way to provide good service and arrange for special needs during the visit. Best doctor ever!!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

She doesn't even pay any attention to retesting she has ordered for patient. Just blanks them out of her mind. She doesn't order overdue tests to be conducted. Just ignores her. Her assistants, with rare exceptions, are pretty much just as bad.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

She is a doctor who is not only robotic but also does not care about providing info on her treatment. Does not listen, extremely rude (throws an treatment chart to us rather than politely handing it over), lacks complete empathy and lacks proper manners (does not bother to say good bye, just opened the door and stepped out of the room). She does not care what the patient is looking for nor even cares on explaining the treatment, as she remains busy making notes in the computer. You would feel that she is more than willing to finish the visit as soon as she can. I would suggest that Dr. Trochmann should visit a Psychiatrist to correct her behavior or else she can leave her profession, which would save her patient's time (which she hardly cares).

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

Dr. Trochman's lack of compassion and empathy is beyond ridiculous. She is very robotic, looks at the computer the whole time, and doesn't seem to care at all about the personal part of the exam. I need to find a new Dr. and this brings stress and hardship on me. If you want a warm kind Dr. she isn't the one.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

She is very highly regarded and her staff are very supportive.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

Doesn't seem to pay attention to prescription duration or retesting needed for some conditions, even when reminded that those were her instructions. Incomplete physicals in my opinion. Makes recommendations clearly counter to patient's condition, which calls into question whether she knows her patient's history. The whole process seems like rote and robotic, but with an affable manner. Very disappointed in this kind of medical care and guess it is time to look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2013

I have been with Dr. Trochman for at least ten years and I have always felt very well taken care of. She is always thorough, listens to me, does not make me feel that what I am concerned about is not important, and even though I don't see her but anywhere from 1 to 3 times a year,she remembers me and how I feel about certain things (like taking certain drugs). She is always willing to discuss options with me and does not dictate, but will strongly advise when she feels it is necessary, possible treatments or ideas, etc. Her staff has always been very nice to me.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2011

She put my carpel-tunnel afflicted hand in a ready-made suppport that caused it to go numb and suffer nerve damage then she just gave up and got defensive when I said the splint wasn't helping. Seriously the rudest doctor I've ever visited. Maybe she was having a bad day but I didn't want to give her a 2nd chance.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2010

I have had her for years and love her. I do not love her staff. I HATE calling in and talking to the nurse, on the occasions you can actually talk to to someone. One is great, but the others are not compassionate, or knowledgeable, apathetic and treat me like an idiot not worth the doctor's time. I feel like they impede my health care, and avoid going to see her unless desperate. On the occasions she has not been available, it has been impossible to get in to see anyone else.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2008

Dr. Rebekah A. Trochmann's Credentials

• OREGON HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1986)

UnitedHealthcare