Ratings for Dr. Joseph W. Dehaven

My experience at this office.The staff was kind and so was Dr.Dehaven.But the office spells and needs up grades.There is pals of paper everywhere.And tottaly not hippa compliant.Especially with the lab.there are things in there that shoudn't be.and with the charts there are paper eveywhere thats patients charts can get mixed up.this office needs to be inspected

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

I have been a patient for 3 years, I wish all my doctors were like Dr. Dehaven he is easy to talk to and he listens. He is caring and compassionate and an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

I have been under his care for over 18 years. I absolutely believe he is one of the best doctors in this area. He is caring and compassionate but above that he is a very smart doctor. He has ALWAYS put my health care first. I will always be grateful to him for all he has done for me.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Dr. DeHaven is a very good doctor. He's very professional and listens to input from his patients. The main problem with being his patient is that he has so many patients you can not be seen on an urgent basis. His office staff are not very friendly or accommodating. It's all business when you go there. However, I feel well taken care of after having thyroid cancer in 2006. He's very cautious, thorough and brilliant, by far the best endocrinologist I've been to.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

BEST DOC in Savannah!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2014

Most of the people on here complaining are most likely the ones that don't take his advice and already "know it all." He is the best doctor and the friendliest. His staff puts up with a lot from patients that think they are the only person on the planet and think they are above them. Not everyone is going to agree with a Dr because they don't want to listen to want is wrong with them.

Submitted August 10, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Dehaven for almost 5 years. I have found him a very caring doctor, in fact I drive all the way from Florida to Savannah to see him. I have never seen him in a bad mood, let alone imaging him yelling at anyone. He has always been very professional!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. DeHaven for a little over 4 years now and although he is an adequate doctor, there is much missing in his practice. Besides his ridiculously rude/incompetent staff/nurses, he is overwhelmed with too many patients and does not take an active role in his patients lives. I've been a Type 1 diabetic for 13 years and he is the worst doctor I've ever seen. He also diagnosed me with hashimoto thyroiditis but didn't want to put me on meds until "my thyroid actually breaks" - after googling I found that this can cause infertility. When I called him about it (and got a response 3 days later) he said "well if you want to have kids, we should start you on meds now"....why did I have to find this information out myself when you are the trained specialist? ....I'm currently searching for another doctor in the area.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Dehaven for approximately a year and a half. I went through several endocrinologists in the area before I found one that would listen to what I had to say (I am 30 years old and battling weight problems since puberty). Dr. Dehaven is very thorough and does not jump into a diagnosis right away. With me, he started me on some medication to help the irregular hair growth I was experiencing, and did alot of blood work to check for other issues, he also encouraged me to keep taking the current medications I have been prescribed. I still felt I had a thyroid issue. After having my thyroid numbers come back "normal", I convinced him to try me on a low dose of a thyroid med anyways (I am morbidly obese). He did mention that my numbers were borderline and we agreed to try the med. Lo and behold, it worked! I would recommend Dr. Dehaven to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2012

I WILL NOT BE RETURNING HE MAY DO FINE WITH DIABETES BUT SUCKS AT TYHROID WANTS TO TREAT EVERBODY THE SAME. SPENDS MAYBE FIVE MINUTES WITH YOU TO TRY TO FIGURE OUT WHATS WRONG. OBVIOUSLY THAT'S THE PROBLEM.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2012

Dr. Joseph W. Dehaven's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1974)