Ratings for Dr. Prashant Pandya

The other day I had a tooth removed and I was very nervous, but the staff quickly turned my anxiety around and I had a very nice experience. Dr. Pandya was a very professional person and made me feel at ease along as Michelle and David.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Dr Pandya is the best. I was referred to him on an emergency basis. His staff found a spot for me that day to have a very abscessed tooth extracted. as you can imagine, i was not prepared for this but his kind and informative manner was calming. all of my followup visits were similar and when i went back for the implant, everything was clearly described as to what would happen. he was so kind during the implant and even gave me words of calming to relax me during that procedure. my regular dentist in Sarasota is now sending him patients based on my good experience -- and they have reported back only good comments. Kudos to a wonderful practice.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

I have had a few procedures with Dr. Pandya (in both locations) and every time was a positive experience with the Dr. and his assistants. Patient, thoughtful, caring, and most important for me was truthful, explained EVERYTHING before during and after, even the not so pleasant parts, and that for me was very important, lowered my anxiety level and made something you don't exactly look forward to as "pleasant" as an experience as it could possibly be. 100% confidence in Dr.P. and his staff.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2015

My entire experience with Dr. Pandya and his staff has been incomparably good. The staff is warm and solicitous, making sure all of my questions are answered, and Dr. Pandya and his surgical assistant took fantastic care of me. They were thorough and as gentle as possible under the circumstances (I needed teeth extracted). They sent me home with all the information I needed to facilitate my healing, and later that evening Dr. Pandya called to ask how I was doing. 7:30 at night and he's making follow-up calls! *SO* impressed with my dental surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

This place just wants your money! They refused to file my impacted wisdom teeth extraction under medical, after telling them that my medical insurance covers this procedure. The receptionist said "it's a dental procedure, therefore it's covered under dental". She also refused to let me talk to the insurance coordinator. Needless to say I cancelled my appointment and scheduled with Dr. Christian who is filing my procedure under medical!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

I have read all of the comments about Dr Pandya and his office staff. Some apply to my experience and I'll only comment on my treatment and observations. I have found the office staff to be excellent. The office personnel have contacted me both via phone and email for my appointments. I I have found that the office has attempted to make my appointment's convenient, either at the 59th St or Lena Rd. location vs. The overall cleanliness is more then acceptable and sterile procedures appear to of primary importance. The office is well equipped and up to date, modern technical equipment and computers are used to facilate treatments. I do not have dental insurance and I found Dr Panda's fee schedule similar if not better then others. As to my treatment, Dr.Pandya has kept me well informed, has included other family members when discussing issues. Dr. Pandya has never been short with me and I found his professionalism well above other doctors I've dealth with. I have no problems with recommending Dr. Pandya and I believe he is an excellent oral surgeon.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2015

Worst experience of my life. Nobody introduced themselves. I didn't even know who the Dr. was. Nobody smiled. Nobody asked how I was doing. No eye contact. Nothing was explained.. Just.."stand here", go there. then out they went and shut the door. There was no.. "the doctor will be in soon" NADA. It was the coldest place on earth. I felt like I was interrupting by needing dental surgery. When Dr. Pandya came in, I felt like another "case" that needed to be dealt with. He was very intimidating and uncaring. I've never had dental surgery before so I was very nervous and didn't know what to expect. Instead of explaining what would happen, he just barked out what he would be doing & seemed annoyed at my questions and apprehension. He was (or acted) frustrated by my fear. His attitude only added to it. He may be the best dental surgeon on the planet but if he doesn't care about how the patients FEEL... The office staff were so concerned with their appearance they seem annoyed at having to work with the patients. I heard 2 people in the waiting area talking about their negative experience as well. and the rudeness of the office staff. I thought I got him AND his staff on a bad day, but apparently, this is par for the course. I hope I never experience a doctor visit like this again. It was nothing less than bizarre. If I EVER need dental surgery in the future, it won't be with him. This is the very first time I've ever written NEGATIVE comments. I've rated ALL of my doctor and they've ALL had 5 stars. What a shame.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

My son had 4 wisdom teeth removed and the procedure went fine. My problem is with the dishonesty of the office staff. They insisted I pay before insurance came through. I ended up overpaying by more than $900. They will not send back my overpayment. I even had my insurance company call to help. They office staff was very rude to the insurance agent and lied and said a check had been sent to me. When I call the office I am given the complete runaround and the person I need to talk to is always at lunch or busy and will call me back. I never get a call back. I would not recommend this oral surgeon based on the unprofessional manner in which the office is run.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

I was very anxious - had to have a wisdom tooth extracted - the doc was a pain in the butt about gassing me because I was nervous - I repeatedly said I didn't want it - he had a look on his face that I wanted to smack because I didn't want it. He finally after repeatingly trying to convince me to gas up told his tech to numb me - he walked out with such a distain look that I wish I weren't in so much pain from my tooth hurting or I would have walked out. I asked me how long it would take to extract the tooth & he said 15 min (it took less then 10 secs). The tech told me all these instructions - who the heck remembers this stuff? I asked her to write it town she looked at me and said no I should remember (didn't remember a thing)- had to call my regular dds and asked her what to do. Would I recommend? NOT IN YOUR LIFE

flag | Submitted April 27, 2014

Dr. Prashant Pandya's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 2005)

Delta Dental

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The other day I had a tooth removed and I was very nervous, but the staff quickly turned my anxiety around and I had a very nice experience. Dr. Pandya was a ve..."

March 3, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Pandya is the best. I was referred to him on an emergency basis. His staff found a spot for me that day to have a very abscessed tooth extracted. as you c..."

September 30, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have had a few procedures with Dr. Pandya (in both locations) and every time was a positive experience with the Dr. and his assistants. Patient, thoughtful, ..."

July 4, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "My entire experience with Dr. Pandya and his staff has been incomparably good. The staff is warm and solicitous, making sure all of my questions are answered, a..."

June 9, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This place just wants your money! They refused to file my impacted wisdom teeth extraction under medical, after telling them that my medical insurance covers t..."

May 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have read all of the comments about Dr Pandya and his office staff. Some apply to my experience and I'll only comment on my treatment and observations. I have..."

March 5, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Worst experience of my life. Nobody introduced themselves. I didn't even know who the Dr. was. Nobody smiled. Nobody asked how I was doing. No eye contact. Noth..."

February 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "What an amazing doctor. I had an implant placed and absolutely no pain the following day. He is very knowledgable, professional, and caring."

November 22, 2014