Ratings for Dr. Michael Sean Freeman

So I'm one of those people who wants to grow old gracefully but unfortunately I just can't! Both of my parents were very young looking, energetic, charismatic and full of life but they seemed to age overnight. I inherited those genetics. I turned 51 in December and got to the point where I was no longer happy with the way I looked. I had a little surgery done 5 years ago and was very happy with it but it was superficial and didn't last. A nurse from a different plastic surgeon recommended Dr. Freeman to me because he specializes in faces only. I was impressed with the make overs on Dr. Freeman's website and it was clear he was an expert in his field. Everyone looked like themselves but significantly better. At my first consultation he was direct and to the point and explained the procedures he had invented and he had a strong confidence. I can say that I am extremely happy with the results of my surgery! I did not expect the invasive nature of the surgery even though it was explained in detail to me but I really didn't realize how terrible it would be during the healing process lol. I looked terrible, felt terrible and was completely freaked out until about week 5. Dr. Freeman told me I wouldn't like the way I looked until week 4-6 and it really took until week 6 or 6 1/2 before I started to recognize myself. All I can say is, "Good job Doc!" Thank you so much for turning back the clock for me!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

I first became aware of Dr. Freeman back in the 1990’s while browsing through a national magazine while waiting for my nail technician. At that time, Dr. Freeman was listed as the only certified surgeon in Charlotte to use CO2 laser resurfacing to reduce lines around the eyes and mouth. At the time, I was told by another plastic surgeon that there weren’t any procedures that could reduce lines around the eyes, so, I was super excited to read about Dr. Freeman in that magazine. I immediately booked an appointment with Dr. Freeman to discuss this procedure. Upon meeting him, I felt very confident in his abilities especially since he only worked with faces. During the consultation, he suggested that I should get a forehead lift and a lower lid bleph with soof at the same time and showed me how it would improve my appearance and make me look younger. He explained all the procedures in great detail, the potential side effects, and the recovery. After the procedures, everything went as described. I was extremely pleased with the outcome. I work in the corporate world where most of my colleagues are 20 years younger than me. Since it had been 20 years since my other procedures, I felt it was time to get some work done. I recently went back to Dr. Freeman to get a mini face and neck lift, CO2 laser resurfacing, and the lower lid bleph with soof. Like before, Dr. Freeman explained all the procedures in great detail including the recovery period. Post op, he took great care to answer my questions and to constantly reassure me that the swelling and bruising would eventually go away. It’s now been six months since I had the surgery and I’m absolutely thrilled with the results. I look completely natural – only 20 years younger looking. I highly recommend Dr. Freeman for any surgical procedure. I would never trust anyone else with my face.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

I can't say enough about Dr Freeman and his staff. Very professional and honest. The thing that make me know he was the dr for me was his honesty. I thought I needed more work than he did. In today's world when it comes to be about making money this wasn't the case. I ended up getting a mini-lift lower face and eye brow lift. Then he only did CO2 laser on the mouth and chin and under eyes. It has only been 7 weeks so I haven't gotten the full benefit of his artistic work but looking forward for a few more months to pass. But I can already tell you I am very happy with him. He is always a phone call away if you have any questions. Very personal and takes personal pride in his work for you. I feel blessed to have used him the first time so I didn't have to go through a bad experience first. Thank you Dr Freeman and to his staff.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

I had a mini-lift (neck and lower face) and a brow lift. Dr. Freeman is the best. But do NOT let his surgical assistants braid your hair into tiny dreadlocks before the surgery. Blood will seep into the braids and sit there until the third day post-op when you are permitted to wash your hair. In my case, I have chemically treated hair and the soaked-in blood caused my braided hair to tangle, and even break completely off--6 to 8 inches at a time. 4 months post-op, I honestly thought Dr. Freeman hadn't done much for me until he showed me this before and after comparison of photos. The brow lift was actually quite painful for months as pockets of air formed around one of the implants at the top of my forehead. But the implants and the air pockets do go away--along with the pain. It just takes much longer than you may expect. But as you can see from the photo, the raised brows do indeed make a bigger difference than you may suppose at first. Before the operation, people kept telling me how tired I looked. (That was why I sought out Dr. Freeman.) Afterwards, they are simply amazed at how great I look. I'm in my 60s and one young lady this weekend guessed me to be in my late thirties--but realistically I probably look closer to mid-40s now...and no more crepe-skin on my neck!! I would do it all over again, but next time I'd stock up on pineapple juice (for bruising), bromelain (for bruising), and arnica montana (for pain). And athough I was back at work the week after surgery, it wasn't a smart thing to do. Give yourself at least 3 weeks and don't expect to look like anything other than a domestic abuse victim for at least 2-to-3 months. A good concealer has become my very best friend. I prefer Zuri Flawless Perfect Contour concealer pencil because it moisturizes and doesn't cake up. As I said, Dr. Freeman is absolutely the BEST!!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

I highly recommend Dr. Freeman and his staff to anyone…” I made a great decision going with Dr. Freeman and his staff. I did a lot of research and was just not satisfied with any other doctors until I met Dr. Freeman and saw the work he had done. I knew right away this was my doctor. I was undergoing eye lid surgery and only wanted the best results. After speaking with him and his team, they seemed like the perfect fit. He was so knowledgeable and I trusted him. I also love his staff, they are professional and always made me feel welcomed. I would recommend Dr. Freeman to anyone who is looking for plastic surgery. Thanks !!!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

Dr. Freeman is the BEST cosmetic surgeon I have encountered in my sixty plus years and I speak from the perspective of someone who has had a number of previous surgeries. I would rate my previous surgeons from good to god awful (the surgeon not only did poor work, he also did unauthorized work poorly). It was upon this canvas that the very skillful Dr. Freeman corrected other surgeon’ s errors, leaving me with lower face that appears younger than it did 14 years ago! It was such a pleasure to be a patient of Dr. Freeman’s. His office staff is impressively professional and yet very down to earth. His clinic staff was very responsive to any pre or post-surgery concerns or questions that I had. As a former anatomy and physiology educator, I found Dr. Freeman to be extremely knowledgeable and very good at explaining the what and why of the proposed surgery. Most importantly, he executes beautifully. The photos on his website are his and they not photoshopped . My surgical result, like so many of the patients you see in his photos, is that of having a post surgical face that looks like me---a YOUNGER, somewhat more refined me---no extreme or unnatural looks. I am from the Midwest. I found Dr. Freeman through a plastic surgeon friend, who is very discerning. The fact that you are reading this review means that you have a friend “in the know’”, are lucky or are doing your homework. It should be no surprise—I wholeheartedly recommend that you call Dr. Freeman’s office . My only regret is that it took me so long to find him. I can't believe the rating I see below me is for the correct Dr. Freeman---I know for a fact that he does not do hair transplantation. Ratemd's should do a better job of screening input---this rating is clearly not mean for Dr. Michael Sean Freeman of Charlotte, NC

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

I went to Dr. Freeman for help because I felt I was aging much faster than I wanted to. After consultation, He recommended I have a deep pane mini tuck and full face laser resurfacing. I highly recommend Dr. Freeman and his staff for professionalism any day. As far as skills and outcome, Dr. Freeman exceeded my expectations. My sister claims he took 20 years off my look.. I don't know about 20 but I will objectively agree to 15. Love, Love It!!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

I have a somewhat thick/big middle eastern nose. I came to Dr. Freeman to have rhinoplasty. The entire process was very friendly with minimal pain. After few months when my nose has shaped up, the results are amazing. My nose is much smaller in size and looks pretty good on my face. I was glad that I had come to Dr. Freeman for my rhinoplasty.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

I went to Dr. Freeman for a lower plane face lift because I had excess skin in my jowl and neck areas (I'm age 59). I am really pleased with the result. My jaw-line is now smooth (no sagging skin) and the wrinkles and excess skin around my neck are gone. My friends and family say I look 15 years younger. I highly recommend Dr. Freeman and his friendly staff.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

Dr. Freeman is very knowledgeable on what he does. I had rhinoplasty last year and love my new nose. He's a perfectionist and is very detail-oriented so he makes sure everything perfect. He is also very flexible and accommodating. 3 Months after I received the surgery, I moved away to another state. He has always made room for me in his schedule whenever I'm back in town for checkups. I would highly recommend him! His staff is also very professional and very sweet!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Dr. Michael Sean Freeman's Credentials

• University Of Wisconsin Medical School (Grad. 1982)