Ratings for Dr. Joseph A. Rutz

He rushes through the appointments and he doesn't make me feel comfortable. At my 16 week appointment, he told me my next one would be at 20 weeks and he didn't even tell me if I may find out what I'm having. I had to ask if I will, then he said, "Maybe." He didn't tell me to bring the baby's father or my mom or anything. I passed out at work when I was 13 weeks and I told him about it and he brushed it off like nothing. He just told me not to stand up fast. I'm a cashier, and I was standing when it happened and yes, I told him that but he still just told me not to stand up fast from sitting down. I wish I could go to Dr. Ziegler but since he isn't taking new patients, I'm stuck with Dr. Rutz.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2012

His staff is awesome! But he on the other hand is very rude! He yelled at me during one of my appointments! He rushes through doesn't really pay attention to you. He acts like he is always in a hurry. Will not make eye contact. Also he will not rule out any other reason for the problems I'm having until he rules out my weight which is ridiculous! I wouldn't take my dog to him! He needs to learn manners!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

He was very rude at times and was not understanding at all. He acted as if he was in a hurry and that all he cared about was his money. I am so glad I find someone else to go to.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

He was a great doctor until I became pregnant. When I became pregnant he became rude and would hurt me during every exam I had. It came to the point of me not wanting to attend appointments. I told him at one point in time of some pains I had and he brushed them off. I ended up going over 40 weeks and he only wanted to preform a csection instead of inducing my labor. DO NOT USE HIM EVER!!!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

The Staff is extremely friendly and very helpful. His nurse and receptionist are smart and well informed. Dr. Rutz is very professional and knowledgable.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2006

Intelligent, friendly, and very professional. Great doctor.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2006

Very thorough, kind and gentle. Seems caring and has a good bedside manner.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2006

Dr. Joseph A. Rutz's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal