Ratings for Dr. William P. Stamey

He is patient and kind until you don't feel well then he becomes frustrated and rude with you because he doesn't know the answers or want to take the time for a good treatment plan,

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Doctor Stamey is a callous, rude, egocentric jerk. He will not answer your questions or listen to your concerns. He needs serious work on his people skills if he wants to ever be a good neurologist or a decent human being. Do yourself a favor and find another doctor!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

I hate to say it but William P. Stamey has two sides to him. When I first started seeing him he was great, but that changed recently. This is in reference to the last two visits. At the first visit William Stamey was great. He showed so much interest in my health. He was concerned about a lot of health issues and set me up with lots of blood work. He also wanted me to have a brain scan. His concern was that there could be possibly a very tiny leak going on. When I went back to him to get the results of the many tests, it was a whole other story. We sat down and he brought up his computer and all of a sudden he couldn't find anything. He kept saying he didn't see anything. He saw a spot, but was not sure what it was. He had no clue. I told him I had two strokes over the years and he wasn't sure if that was what he saw. But as far as he was concerned he saw no problem. His attitude was not too friendly. At the end of this meeting I asked for a prescription of Aricept. His response was that I should contact my primary care because he was refuseing to do it. Now for the real cincher, when I got home I called Walgreens and asked if I had a prescription for Aricept. The lady told me I had no refills, but they could call Stamey and have a new one issued. When they said that, I was so blown away, I was literally shaking, called his office, and lit into them. This whole thing was so unbelievable; his attitude, his mannerism, that fact that I thought the end was near.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

Very smart and knowledgeable. Takes ample time to hear your concerns and discuss your issues. Doesn't rush you. One of the best specialists I've ever met.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2013

Dr. William P. Stamey's Credentials

• East Tennessee State University, Quillen-Dishner College Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)