Ratings for Dr. John M. Maley

A joke. Unprofessional, arrogant, and uncaring. Do not use this so called dentist. You will be disappointed.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

Saw him yesterday. Made sure I was numbed for 2 cavities and stopped when one tooth didn't want to fall asleep. The second tooth was filled with no issue though. Just asked me to raise my left hand if I felt any pain. My oldest son also saw him in the past and had a cavity filled and he was awesome with him. This dentist teaches at Case Western Reserve. He is a great dentist and his staff is very nice.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

Horrible experience. Gave me a root canal when I had no paid. Broke drill bit off in tooth cavity. Left it in saying I would lose my tooth if he tried to remove but I'd be fine with it in. He filled in around it and I got very sick. Went to an endodontist who informs me it was an acute abscess and that the root canal was never finished. I have now developed facial neuralgia. Constant headaches and tingling in face. Worst experience of my life and thought I needed to share.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

I will never in my life go to see this dentist again. I found out a day before my appointment that I was pregnant and I went anyways. My appointment was at 8:30 and it wasn't until 9:10 when I got back into a room, to sit and wait again for another 15-20 minutes.. For him to walk in with a little mirror barely look at my teeth, the to tell me he was going to do X-rays, after I told the assistant right before him that I was pregnant. So I told him again, and he said, "oh well then we can't do X-rays then." Then, he told me he was going to take my wisdom teeth out without anything that day! What is he? A back yard dentist? I said to him, "well, what are you going to use for pain?" And he said, "nothing, we can't put you to sleep because it will kill the baby." And I said, " I can't do that." And then he said, "well you're the one feeling it, not me" are you kidding me? Is it even safe for a pregnant woman to go through that much pain? I am filing a complaint with the dentistry board. Do NOT see this dentist. He is terrible.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

This Dr. John M. Maley is great this kids, and will take his time to make sure things are right and that you are happy before you leave his office.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

He collected the insurance money for extractions and dentures, then he told me the insurance company filed the wrong paperwork so he couldn't finish what he already started. I have 9 teeth left now and no dentures. I fought with him for 2 years over this only for him to win because I no longer had the insurance.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

No one wants to answer the phone after days and days of trying at different times and leaving a message once a day. When they do they don't say anything about it being even an office, I thought I called someone's house. Yet when you go inside there are always 4 girls there standing around talking. This doctor is OK but he surrounds himself w/dumb with these idiot ****y girls to feel better and he tries to hurry up and finish withever one as fast as he can so that he can go back to the front and laugh with them. The front office is too small too. Not enough chairs.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2012

flag | Submitted September 12, 2012

The dentist is a good dentist. The receptionist's are not good rude and just remind me of high school snobby girls.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2012

This is the most terrible service I've ever received from almost anywhere. The only reason I kept pursuing this dentist even after all the red flags is because he's the only one in this city. Had trouble talking to anyone or getting an appointment for 3 months. Between the office being locked at our appt time, the front desk being closed when we did get in, a one hour wait to get into the room, unfriendly staff, being told I had to remove my covered beverage from the building while their staff had open cups of iced coffee on their desks, being told I may not sit on the two chairs in the room with my husband while waiting for the dentist, then waiting nearly half an hour before we finally just decided to leave, then waiting a few minutes for the receptionist to finish painting her nails before turning around to help us at the window... I will never go to that office again!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2012