Ratings for Dr. Shahram Javaheri

Dr. J brought to mind the Marcus Welby MD era. He is kind, takes quality time with you and is knowledgeable. I highly recommend this physician.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2019

March 2007 Dr. Javaheri diagnose me with Hepatitis C and now is september 2007, I feel good and all my treatment gone well even I had 2 month overseas trip. He and his staff are professional, knowledgeable and kind to patients. I recommended he to everyone.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2007

excellent doctor, very happy with him, he keeps a good eye on my progress and sees me often to make sure the treatment is working. answers all my questions

flag | Submitted August 27, 2007

supossed to treat me for Hepatitis C. Saw him once and he perscribed p-interfuron which is dangerous and to be monitored evry 2 weeks w/ blood tests. He perscribed tis to me and dosage is based on weight. I was 200 pounds when I saw him but dropped to normal 150 after treatment started, He didn't see me again for 5 months. I had to quit working after that first month and stay in bed for remaining 5 months due to the severe side effects caused by large overdosage. Could not eat for 2 yrs.When confronted finally he lied and said I WAS DRUG SEEKING ETC. Took 8 years to get diagnosed due to other incompetant Drs. Liver is now badly damaged and sirrotic. Hep C has also returned due to him keeping me taking 30 mg. of Valium. Have expert in the field now and have been told Valium is one of the worst killer drugs on the liver. They are afraid to treat now due to the damage this has caused. Will be trying to sue for malpractice but I've suffered permenant neurological damage to short term memory

flag | Submitted July 27, 2007

Very knowledgeable and kind. The first time I've had a kind doctor in a long time. :)

flag | Submitted February 2, 2007

This guy is great, he's very nice and really talked me in to be willing to have a colon check when I was scared. If you just tell him your scared he will ease your fears.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2006

Excellent, great doctor with good bedside manner. Doctor is actually one of the rare ones who listens to a patient. He is very cheerful & very intelligent. He took the time out to explain a procedure to me to every last detail. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2006

Dr. Shahram Javaheri's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Shahram Javaheri has been treating gastroenterology patients for over 20 years. He currently treats patients from his practice in Mission Viejo, California. Dr. Javaheri is known as an expert in conditions including colon cancer, Crohn’s disease, hemorrhoids, acid reflux, and diverticulitis. He is known as an expert in performing colonoscopies, endoscopies, and hemorrhoid banding. Throughout his career, he has provided consistent, high-quality care that has helped him build a satisfied and loyal base of patients. Dr. Javaheri began his journey into medicine in 1990, when he earned a bachelor of science from the University of California. He earned his medical degree in the doctorate program at St. George's University. Once earning his doctor of medicine, Dr. Javaheri continued his postgraduate training at the Alameda County Medical Center-Highland Hospital, where he had an internship in internal medicine. After just one year, he earned his residency at the same hospital. However, it was in 1999 that his fate changed forever when he accepted a gastroenterology fellowship at the California Pacific Medical Center. This fellowship gave him the skills and knowledge he needed to open his own private practice in Mission Viejo in 2004. Since then, his practice has blossomed into one of the premiere gastroenterology and hepatology offices in the entire Orange County region. Dr. Javaheri has a mission is to provide expert compassion and one-on-one care to each and every one of his patients. He enjoys building a relationship with his patients in order to make them feel comfortable and cared for at all times. His peers and colleagues recognized him for his extreme efforts by awarding him with the Outstanding Performance in the Provision of Service to Patients and Colleagues award in April 2008. When not working at his practice, Dr. Javaheri is also the active staff gastroenterologist at Mission Hospital and the staff gastroenterologist at Saddleback Memorial Medical Center. Through these appointments, he helps many different patients receive convenient access to quality and compassionate care.

• St George'S Univ, Sch Of Med, St George'S, Grenada (Grad. 1996)