Ratings for Dr. Michael Dimarco

I was seeing Dr Dimarco for over a year of bi-weekly sessions as part of a pain management program. He was very helpful in addressing depression, anxiety, PTSD, and with him working me through all my stuff I was able to de-stress and stop my headaches. I was disappointed to see him change his practice and have been unsuccessful finding anyone else as capable.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Extremely unhelpful. At last session, and reason it was the last session, told me I would never get better. When I restated what he said as a clarifying question he said, "You will NEVER, _EVER_ get better."

flag | Submitted February 24, 2013

Saw this dr. for pain & anxiety management as part of a pain clinic treatment plan. Found his advice helpful for 5 sessions but ineffective over 5 more sessions. He collected a history, did testing & provided cognitive behavior tools. He led a biofeedback exercise that he said would "change my life" by smoothing my breathing, but we never came back to it as promised. Reluctantly discussed my test results, at my request. Knew I preferred structure yet his approach wandered. He seemed unprepared, took credit for insights I made, & misquoted another physician, leading me to think the other dr. wasn't forthcoming. He provided homework but never followed up on it & kept raising an event that I felt was irrelevant, to the point of being badgering. When I accessed my medical record to defend a claim, I saw comments out of context & interventions that he never made. He didn't secure promised approvals, causing a claim denial. May be okay for brief counseling. Can't recommend. Won't return.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2012