Ratings for Dr. Samuel Kugel

My first appt. I went in and no one was in the office...not a soul..even the front window people were missing at the time of my scheduled appt. There is a sign on the window that says...Do not tap on the glass...wait until you are called. So...I waited, twiddling my thumbs for about 15 min. when another patient came in. She said "I wished I had called first, he probably isn't even here today" I said...."Well, no one called me to let me know my appt. was cancelled"...She added "No they never do. This has happened to me about 3-4 times, I knew I should have called to see if he was in first." About then a staff member walked into her front office and notified us that the doctor indeed..was not in and that we would have to reschedule. I asked her why I wasn't notified by phone the minute they knew that he wouldn't be in...She said that the other patient and I had been "overlooked" when "they called the patient list"...I said "so I'm supposed to think it is coincidence that both of us were overlooked, even though this lady here says he hasn't shown for 3-4 of her previous appts. and no one called her then either"...I kept getting excuses about him having emergencies at the hospital and how the staff is so busy they leave sticky notes around and forget to follow up with the notes they left sticking around.... I asked if this was 'business as usual'...because if it was...I would just arrange to see a different doctor. She said no, and I gave them another chance...by scheduling another appt. My day of my 2nd appt. after not seeing the doctor the first time... I called at 8:30 in the morning to see if the doctor would be in this day...I told her that if he didn't come in to be sure and call me...She told me she "she thought he'd be in, but it would be better for me to call her again later before I came in"...So I called around 12:30 and she affirmed that the doctor was in but he was falling behind in his appt. times. Well, I thought he was probably 15-min to 30 min behind so I went to my scheduled appt. at 2:30 When I walked in the waiting room..there were at least ...if not more than...18 people waiting. I have been going to psych doctors for the past 20 years...and the first time I came in I wondered why there were so many chairs in a psychiatrist's waiting room. First, there should be a hint of privacy surrounding our visits, meaning only one or two people in the waiting room will ever come in contact with each other...so the patient feels safe that their therapy is private and not known to a bunch of people. So when I saw 20 chairs in his waiting room it seemed a bit odd and certainly unethical from the patient's point of view. LITTLE DID KNOW...WHEN I ASKED HOW LONG HE WAS BEHIND IN HIS APPT. SHE MADE A LOOK AND SAID...a R...E...A...L..L..Y LONG TIME...I LOOKED AROUND THE ROOM AT ALL THE PEOPLE AND SAID..."YOU MEAN ALL THESE PEOPLE ARE AHEAD OF ME?"...SHE SAID "YES"...AT WHICH POINT I SAID ...FOR GET IT..I SEE A PATTERN HERE AND I DON'T INTEND TO LET IT CONTINUE...I WILL FIND A DOCTOR THAT RESPECTS HIS PATIENTS...THIS IS RIDICULOUS.. I'M SUPRISED SOME OF THESE PATIENTS AREN'T EXHIBITING BEHAVIORS SITTING HERE LIKE FISH IN A BOWL...WAITING ON A MAN WHO ACTS LIKE HE'S A GOD... I was also shocked that so many people would put up with his disrespect of them...privacy, time, and mental health...all unethical treatment of patients as far as I'm concerned.. Then...when I went outside to await my transportation van, a man asked me for a smoke...he said he had finally just finished seeing the doctor. I asked oh...what doctor is that ...He said Dr. Kugel..I HAD TO WAIT 3 HOURS TO SEE HIM... You see, I don't understand why these people didn't just up and leave and get another doctor...and not give him the time of day or $$$ from insurance...AS HE CERTAINLY WASN'T GIVING ANY OF US THE TIME OF DAY...OR PROVIDING GOOD CARE FOR THE MONEY HE WAS BEING PAID... I CAME HOME AND COMPLAINED TO BOTH MEDI-CAL, MEDICARE, AND MY INSURANCE... ..AND I NEVER EVEN SAW THE MAN...

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

Dr.Kugel and his office staff have been dedicated ,caring, helpful through the years treating my chronic illness. A+ DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

flag | Submitted June 4, 2012

Dr. Samuel Kugel's Credentials

• Univ Gama Filho, Esc Med Do Rio De Janeiro, Rio De Janeiro, Rj, Brazil (Grad. 1978)

Geha