You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Philip J. Berent

We spent the first half of our first visit with the Dr. Telling us how great he was and how incompetent his colleagues were. Then we got to hear about his being unable to retire because he just bought a big "money pit" of a house. Then, how a former client's mother was angry at him because he told her child that is they could afford horses they could afford the medicine he was recommending. He expressed no interest in our adult child's background and history, because he has been practicing long enough to know what he is looking at. After our visit, our adult child reported to us that the Dr. Had shared my personal medical information with her and didn't even report it accurately. When confronted, he responded with no hesitation at all that my child was lying. Despite his willingness to discount her reports, she was the sole source of information for his diagnosis. Without ant inquiry into her childhood experiences, he told us both that our lives had been "H..l" for years. (his word, not mine). Something he would have known to be untrue if he had even bothered to ask. This is the most arrogant and egoistic person I have ever dealt with. I cannot in good conscience recommend him to anyone. I cannot rate his staff or punctuality based on one visit and a phone call.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Have been with this doctor for over 10 years and he has helped two of my children immensely. They are complete success stories, thanks to him! Not only is he accurate with diagnosing and prescribing medications, he is available when you need him. He is very good at responding to questions or requests. Our quality of life has been greatly impacted due to him. This doctor is worth every cent!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

Excellent ability to diagnosis and prescribe the correct medications. Methods may be a little unconventional, but he was able to hone in on my son's diagnosis (depression and anxiety) within one session. After 8 months of frustration and disappointment with another psychiatrist, Dr. Berent turned my son's life around in 2 sessions by getting him the right diagnosis and treatment. Worth every penny!! (He doesn't take insurance, but I found out my insurance would reimburse a large portion of the fee when I submitted the claim). His personality did not "click" with my teenager. However, after a few sessions, my son knew his life was changing for the best and didn't care whether or not he "clicked " with Dr. Berent. Dr. Berent is truly a godsend. We're very grateful for what he's done for our son.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

Found Doctor Philip J. Berent, MD, to be very meticulous and diligent. He is a professional and very scientific in finding the roots to one’s problems. Once an assessment is made by Doctor Berent concerning your health, he is able to properly recommend treatment and treatment that one should not turn down!!! Treatment is not only in the form of prescriptions, but also in the form of educating the patient further concerning their diagnosis. He recommends materials, handouts, and books to ensure that one fully understands their diagnosis.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

I'm in my mid-twenties & have been through 5+ Psychiatrists. Not a single one of them even comes close to comparing to Dr. Berent. I can honestly say that he has changed my life in a way that no doctor ever has... And it's not only the fact that he's SO good at diagnosing and treating illnesses, he also has such a deep level of compassion for his patients. I can text him whenever I need to and expect a response almost immediately, and despite the fact that he does not accept insurance, I have not had to worry AT ALL about breaking the bank. I would recommend Dr. Berent to anybody who is dealing with any mental health issues. And it's also worth mentioning that I've never even met this wonderful man in person; all of our appointments have been over Skype, half a country away, and despite having some initial reservations about not being face to face in person with my doctor, this has turned out to be hands down the best care I have ever received. Highly, highly recommended.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Dr Berent is a wizard. He has treated both my husband (ADD, depression and anxiety) and I (ADD and depression) and made a world of difference in both of our lives. His methods may seem a bit unconventional, but they work and he will have you fixed up within a few visits. No, he does not accept insurance, but I actually found this to be a good thing because can do what he needs to do instead of jumping through the insurance companies' hoops. I also found out that my insurance company reimburses 50% of out-of-network visits, so it's worth checking with yours. I would much rather pay to visit Dr Berent a few times and actually accomplish something than pay copay after copay and week after week or month after month working with an in-network doctor and not get anywhere. Seriously, this man is amazing. Just do it.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

Finally found a Psychiatrist who is available and really cares about getting you better. We had been to many 5, different Psychiatrist and not one delved into my sons history etc to get him to a better place. Very knowledgeable!! knows his meds and is worth every penny !!!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr Berent for over 15 years. I suffer from extreme anxiety. Dr Berent saved my life. 8 years ago I was going through a horrible divorce and I was "throwing in the towel". I received a call from my attorney and had my mind made up that it was over. Dr Berent knew this and took control of me. He related to my situation and clearly articulated why I was wrong with my logic. I kept listening as his voice grew stronger and his enunciation elevated. He explained to me exactly what I was missing and what was going on. He even told me what was going to happen and why. To this day, he was 100% correct. Dr Berent has infinite wisdom in just about everything. He is a true professional that has been there and done it. Dr Berent is a seasoned Psychiatrist that continues to provide me with emotional and morale support, but he also provides me with excellent legal and financial advise. Small price to pay for his vast experience! 5 Stars hands down! Thank you Dr B.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2014

Dr. Berent treated my husband who has struggled with temper, depression and anxiety forever. I called and Dr. B answered the phone himself and gave us an immediate appt. He emailed some diagnostic questionnaires and in the first appt, diagnosed bipolar disorder, put him on a great med, and changed our lives for the better. We went back a month later for a check and we were done. Well worth the investment. My husband is now a calm, happy man-we're all still in shock at the difference.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2014

Dr. Philip J. Berent's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1966)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "We spent the first half of our first visit with the Dr. Telling us how great he was and how incompetent his colleagues were. Then we got to hear about his being..."

April 29, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Have been with this doctor for over 10 years and he has helped two of my children immensely. They are complete success stories, thanks to him! Not only is he a..."

July 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent ability to diagnosis and prescribe the correct medications. Methods may be a little unconventional, but he was able to hone in on my son's diagnosis ..."

July 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Found Doctor Philip J. Berent, MD, to be very meticulous and diligent. He is a professional and very scientific in finding the roots to one’s problems. Once an ..."

June 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr berent totally got me .. highly recommended i have had many doctors over 15 years .. and i feel better now than ever psychologically "

May 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I'm in my mid-twenties & have been through 5+ Psychiatrists. Not a single one of them even comes close to comparing to Dr. Berent. I can honestly say that he h..."

April 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Berent is a wizard. He has treated both my husband (ADD, depression and anxiety) and I (ADD and depression) and made a world of difference in both of our li..."

February 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Finally found a Psychiatrist who is available and really cares about getting you better. We had been to many 5, different Psychiatrist and not one delved into m..."

December 16, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=2807132'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.8

February 6, 2014