Ratings for Dr. Lynn Brandes

Dr. Brandes gave me a very extensive eye exam and fit me for contact lenses. She had a very polite and professional manner. I was pleased that she addressed my concerns about my eye health. In addition, she found contact lenses that were very comfortable and were good for working at the office, playing golf, and driving. Unlike some doctors, she didn't rush me out the door and showed an interest in my concerns.

Submitted February 22, 2015

About 9 months ago, my daughter had an eye test completed by Dr. Brandes. The conclusion was that she needed glasses for the very first time. Almost immediately, my daughter complained that she was unable to see well. Could her eyes have gotten worse that quickly? Could Dr. Brandes have just diagnosed her poorly? We felt that the issue was possibly that our daughter was just not use to wearing glasses. When we eventually went back, Dr. Brandes was rushed, rude (asked me if I was in the medical profession) and changed the strength of our daughter's glasses significantly. I would be willing to chalk this up to the fact that, maybe, my daughter had a drastic change with her eyes, but Dr. Brande' style was so upsetting. She was quick, rude and pushy with a 10 year old girl. It was clear to me that, again, there was great potential for a mistake. In the end, we decided to throw away the eye test and make an appointment for an alternate opinion. Clearly, Dr. Brandes has gotten to the point in her career where she know longer takes pride in what she does. Her level of impatience impaired her judgement at least once, and maybe twice. I am hopeful that she either retires or gets the proper training she needs going forward. It is unfair for people to be purchasing glasses, contacts and other based upon her advisement. No Dr. Brandes, I am not a Dr. I am someone, however, who cares about my daughter and people in general.

Submitted February 7, 2015

Dr. Lynn Brandes's Credentials

• New England College Of Optometry (Grad. 1988)

Workers Comp