Ratings for Dr. Audrey M. Edwards

Terrible listener and a poor giver of advice. I was appalled at how terrible this woman conducted herself within the first 2 sessions. How does she have 34 years of experience?

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

She didn't listen to me at all. I wanted to work on trauma and depression. She only wanted to talk about my anxiety. I am diagnosed with fibromyalgia and she tried to tell me my pain was all in my head. I then went on to tell her about my amazing husband who helps me with some things I can't do anymore because of the fibro. She brought him in, asked me to leave, and yelled at him (literally yelled) stating "what is wrong with you" and "you're co-dependent, are you blind?" and then since I didn't know what they spoke about, she asked me to talk about a traumatic experience with my husband and then cut the session off. My husband of five years and I fought over it before we realized we had to work together to heal from what this woman did. Please do not go to her. I'm still healing from her manipulating me into talking about things I wasn't ready to talk about.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Gives bad mon ethical advice without getting to know the situation or person. Has been in business 34 yrs and is out dated and doesn't stay up with current times and family situations considers herself a medicine expert but not a psych and believes in perscriping Meds

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

Not an effective listener. Doesn't give good advice and is outdated in her thoughts. More analytical then real life

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

She was outdated and stuck on theories and text book statistics vs what is current and up to date today. She wasn't a very good listener and didn't get to reasons of situations. She gave bad advice and doesn't realize that teenagers even 18!yrs old stay at home longer now and still need their parents guidance. They are not just ready to fly on their own they still need family guidance and support like most people do of all ages. Of course all teenagers are different but 18 yr olds aren't totally grown up like she presents and is outdated. I was fine before I saw the doctor and was just looking for some coaching but now I have health issues including insomnia ,sleep apenes and diabetitis to name a few. None of these conditions existed before seeing her. I have also gained 70 pounds and have been hospitalized twice after seeing her. She considers herself a sleep expert and she recommended lavender oil and sleepy time tea. I had major sleep issues and obviously tea and oil didn't work but nice if I was going to a spa like I used to before seeing Dr Edwards.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015