Ratings for Dr. Susan B. Bressman

I have been living with PD for 18 years now and have been Dr. Bressman's patient for most of them. I can't tell you how important it is to see a movement disorder specialists and not just a general neurologist if you're diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease. AND find the right movement disorder specialists. Dr. Bressman always has two or three options available right off the top of her head when your treatment needs to be altered. i moved out of the area (~ 4 hours away) and changed over to a movement disorder specialist out of Albany. After a couple of years, I returned to Dr. Bressman and go downstate just to see her. I know now, if it wasn't for Dr. Bressman , I'd be in a wheelchair by now. She's got this mishegoss about not returning phone calls. Someone qualified to answer your question, will get back to you, but it won't be Dr. Bressman. But that's a small consideration. The outstanding care is why I will not go to anyone else. In addition to being literally top in her field, Dr. Bressman is warm and caring. I just love her.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

Never an unkind word nor a lapse in care despite quite ordinary office staff.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

I can honestly say that Dr. Bressman is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. I can honestly say I would not be here today were it not for her. She is doing constant research and always up to date regarding the best medication for my illness. She is dedicated and thoughtful and has, for many years now, been treating me with the utmost care and professionalism. In my opinion (as well as many others I have talked to), Dr. Bressman is the best Parkinson's and Dystonia physician in New York City.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2008

Dr. Bressman is the best neurologist I have ever seen and I have been to neurologists in Md & Fl when I relocated from NY. Her fellow and herself do a very thorough assessment and they are very knowledgeable about various medications. A top notch MD and rated in New Yorker magazine as one of the best neurologists in NY.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2007

Dr. Bressman is the best. First a fellow does the initial exam and the fellow is thorough. She takes the best fellows. Then Dr. Bressman exams you. She is also thorough, understanding and personable. Her staff are also great.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2007

I waited 5 months to see this doctor because she is supposed to be a very well regarded movement disorder specialist. My initial exam was conducted by a fellow studying under her, and it seemed to me that my care was delegated to this less experienced doctor. To make matters worse, Dr. Bressman does not return phone calls even when you have important questions about your medication. I'd steer clear of her if you're looking for attentive and compassionate medical care.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2006

Dr. Susan B. Bressman's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1973)

MAMSI