Ratings for Dr. Perry J. Bean

Dr. Bean counseled me and my former husband. I was very sick with depression, and diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I had been hospitalized twice with psychotic breaks. He helped us to process, and helped me to see that I was not powerless for myself, without giving me a directive, only very wisely giving me encouragement. I was able to gain the strength to leave a husband I didn't love, freeing myself from a very unhealthy, fear-based, codependent relationship. Now, five years later, I am living independently in Austin, Texas. On my own at 49 years old, after a 28 year, unhealthy relationship that I got into at 16 years old, and stayed in due to unhealthy religious thinking. I am now free. I do not need medication. And I am training and volunteering as a peer specialist at Austin State Hospital. Recovery IS possible. Dr. Bean is a brilliant therapist. I highly recommend him. I may be visiting him again soon with my brother, if he is willing, to help heal our relationship.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2013