Ratings for Dr. Andrew Gutow

I broke my wrist on May 15 this year. The fracture was complex with multiple, displaced fragments. I was so fortunate to see Dr. Gutow the next day at the Palo Alto Medical Foundation (PAMF). The site was very painful but during examination Dr. Gutow held it carefully in a way that did not hurt at all but instead brought comfort. Despite a hectic schedule Dr. Gutow did a careful examination, took the time to answer my questions, reviewed the options and the reasons for implementing an internal plate with screws. From this moment on I knew I could trust Dr. Gutow fully. Surgery was scheduled on May 19 at the spotless PAMF surgical facility on Willow Road in Palo Alto. Today, two months after surgery I have a fully functioning wrist, as mobile and capable of bending in all directions as my other wrist (I did a lot of exercises at home). This is an excellent test of Dr. Gutow’s and his Physician Asst. R. Malinao's most excellent care. During the 3 post op visits they both cheered for my progresses: (1) ability to make a fist, then (2) to rotate the radius, and (3) during the last visit to bend my wrist in all directions. These anecdotal yet telling reactions illustrate well how they both focus on their patient as a person not only as a case to move through the system as fast as possible. Dr. Gutow is calm, attentive, compassionate, and really supportive. He is very busy but gives his full attention to each patient. When he runs late the receptionists post the delay on a board in the waiting room and often the time delay gets resolved. The web is full of horror stories about botched surgeries with life long impact on patients. A functioning wrist is necessary to my work and quality of life. Although I never had to wait longer than 15 min. I would be willing to wait much longer for access to the best surgeon. I am extremely grateful.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Miraculous: Fixed my duputren (bent finger) in the office on my first visit. Finger hasn't been this straight in years.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2012

Fixed my broken wrist up and got me back to sports.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2012

I've been to him 3 times and had great experience each time. He not only diagnosed the issue right away, but never tried to order unnecessary tests or treatments. Fantastic doctor!!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2012

Dr. Andrew Gutow's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1990)

Healthnet