Ratings for Dr. Joseph R. Schneider

All around terrible person and will lie to you. When he treated me, he was charging me, telling me I had a $15 co-pay. I was confused at first, but I figured, they are the professionals; they would know better than I would. I scrapped and saved what I could to see him 3 times per week since I had just finished school, was looking for a job, but had a crazy amount of back pain. The treatment was a joke. Dr. Schneider would sit in the corner of the room playing on his cell phone the whole time while his aide did his job. When he did actually take the 30 seconds to adjust me, he never listened to my complaints. He just did to me what he would do to everyone else I saw come through. It didn't matter to him if I still had pain once he was done or he wouldn't address the areas I had issues at all. It was so frustrating. The only reason I went as often as I did was because I was able to receive some relief from the pain; even if it was only enough to make it more tolerable for the next couple hours. Something was better than nothing at that point. Then I get a phone call from my insurance. He had been charging them for physical therapy services! Then I asked the insurance staff about the co-pay. He shouldn't have been charging that either! I went to his office, but he had disappeared. No one could give me any forwarding information. Then a year later, he's back and now at this new location practicing. I reported this to the insurance company to hope to get my money back. That way I could at least put that money toward my student loans. He told my insurance company he would reimburse me. I called and set up a time to come to his office for the check. I went to his office only to have him take me into the back and scold me and refuse to give me the money he promised replying that he'd rather I file a formal complaint with the insurance company than pay me back.... despicable.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

Dr. Schneider treats my son and I and I could not be happier. I suffered with a terrible back problem for years and now I don't. I feel better than I have in years and it's because of Dr Schneider. He got me to a place where I can work out and walk without pain and before I couldn't even enjoy life. He's got a kind and fun demeanor and so knowledgable.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

feel like it is a scam. he probably averages 5-6 patients an hour. Some of his patients have been seeing him on a weekly basis for for years, sure he is able to provide relief but I think he is more focused on prolonging the treatment process and getting constant payment then actually helping. He will not give you any additional insights on what you can do on your own to improve, difficult to trust the red flags I saw.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014