Ratings for Dr. Ashley D. Kent

Dr. Kent made the correct diagnosis of my sleeping disorder without ordering expensive laboratory tests. I appreciated the time he took in explaining my condition, and I also liked how the follow-up care has been excellent since my initial visit.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

This doctor speaks at, not with patients, is condescending in manner (I'm not his Hon or Sweetie and have no need to fake anything), irresponsible (he haphazardly suggested a link between my symptoms and an incurable, fatal disease), uncaringly dismissive (he said I could go elsewhere with no offer of investigation or assistance), and unknowledgeable, or worse, (he stated a blood test is needed to confirm my previous neuro's specialized diagnosis, made cautiously and thoroughly by proven medical standards, of which "the blood test" is not a part of, but rather used for determination of genetic predisposition and cause). He somewhat blasted me for not having my medical records, even though my labs and images are over 5 years old, leaving me in quiet tears, he handed the nurse the incorrect check-out papers, but made another appointment to see me "when my insurance is activated". I will not be returning, regardless of convenient location and a desire to support my community!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2014

Did not like him at all!! He has no people skills. Did more talking about the patient than too the patient. Made comments about another Dr. Very unprofessional!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2013

I love this doctor BEST I ever had if you don't like him in Ahoskie send him home. I miss him and wish he was back here because all the other Neurologist here are sorry. He was the one who got me out of a mess with my seizures. This was

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

Makes diagnosis by looking at MRI without any proper medical testing. Bizzare behavior such as banging his head against cabinets, talking to self, making inappropriate jokes about dementia, asking questions and telling patient to shut up? Would not recommend. Check other websites for other negative reviews. Patients all have similar complaints about off the cuff diagnoses and strange behavior. We can't all be wrong.

Submitted October 10, 2011

Dr. Ashley D. Kent's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1984)