You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Steven G. Dorfman

Horrible experience! He may have tons of experience and diplomas, but he didn't even wait for the lidocaine to kick in before stabbing my neck for the biopsy. Then had the nerve to say he didn't think he got enough sample since I moved around so much. Left the office in tears and without even an apology. This is not acceptable . I could never recommend this doctor to anyone I care about.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

Worst experience I have ever had with a doctor-I felt completely violated and it seemed like he had no clue what he was doing. All he told me was that I needed to lose weight and it was about how uncomfortable i wanted to be (aka how much can i starve myself). I would never recumbent him to anybody.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Dr. Steven G. Dorfman, MD - Dallas, TX - Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism & Internal Medicine. Healthgrades.com. I was once a patient of your in 2002 or earlier under the name Marion McElrea-Hunott and you diagnosed me with HYPERTHYROIDISM (THYROID STORM) and was treated with RAI one capsule to cool off my thyroid. Sad to say, you never informed me that my thyroid. condition could reserve to HYPOTHYROIDISM and that I would require a regime of medicine or recommended any yearly follow up. Of course my primary care physician did not make it his priority either to assure that my health remains stable. In 2011 Dr. R. Bates determined based on my extreme fatigue and brain fog and on the result of my blood that I'm HYPERTHYROID, a condition which ultimately forced me into early retirement. I just hope that you take better care of your patient now. I feel that you failed me with your neglect.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2015

Terrible doctor. Terrible man. Terrible human being. If you are not a "textbook easy case" he will refuse to treat you. He felt the need to yell at me over the phone stating that I never had my disease, none of my doctors ever believed I had my disease, I was just some depressed girl addicted to steroids. I had my diagnosis verified by three different doctors in three different states. He's an awful doctor and I would advise all to stay far away from this practice.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

One of the worst experiences of my life. Similar to other reviews, his nurse was overbearing and rude and interrupted me mid sentence multiple times. The doctor took a call DURING my appointment because he was having trouble with his AOL account. (yes I said AOL account which should have been a warning) He decided it was anxiety regardless of the different symptoms I discussed with him because I have a high stress job. Even went on to say that I must have someone I’m worried about that I am just not recollecting or wanting to share….really! When I called back and told the rude nurse, who I had to tell to quit interrupting me, that I was having some very erratic blood sugar levels she stated it was odd and she wanted me to speak the doctor directly. He had someone different call from the office and told me that is was probably just due to the anxiety and not to worry about it. Well after calling ANOTHER Endocrinologist and going to see him, and having some further test run, this doctor is seeing some abnormalities and it appears I do have an issue that the new doctor is attempting to accurate diagnose. Dr. Dorfman is older, and while this is pure speculation, I feel he has lost his zest for helping people and if it's not a textbook situation (as you can read in other reviews) he is not one to address the patient directly and their specific symptoms, but one to dismiss and use what I can only guess is his own overinflated sense of intelligence to diagnose his speculative style of practice. He certainly put me at risk and I would advise anyone going to see him to beware of the risk he will place you in. By far an overinflated sense of self, one of the laziest, rude doctors I have ever dealt with. A malpractice situation waiting to happen in my opinion. Read his reviews and BEWARE of this man that I can’t call a doctor in good conscience.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

flag | Submitted February 10, 2014

I found Dr. Dorfman to be good. What I could not believe was his Red headed nurses (I do not know her name) rude attitude. She was raising her voice, just short of yelling, when I nicely asked 3 questions. I have interacted with nurses all my life and have never experienced, to this extent, this sort of behavior.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2014

The whole experience was a nightmare from the beginning. His nurse/assistant was so rude and abrasive in gathering the medical history I almost wanted to walk out of the examining room. This was just the warm up. Then Dr. Dorfman walks in and immediately begins looking at all the info his nurse had just entered. He never made eye contact and stated why are you here your data looks normal so therefore your normal. He never asked about any of my symptoms or how they started or how long I've had them. I gave him a copy of a saliva cortisol test which showed low cortisol and DHEA. I also gave him a history of TSH and T3 values which showed both had now dropped to barely within range. He basically didn't want to look at that info. He said I was fine period. He is the most arrogant and condescending MD I have ever met. DO NOT GO TO HIM. It's not just his arrogance but he is not knowledgable in his field. SAVE YOURSELF TIME AND MONEY. DO NOT GO TO HIM!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2013

I am a local law enforcement employee in the DFW Area, I have tried this doctor and found out that above listed experiences are true. He is ok but he doesn't care bout his patients and he is busy with computer looking at what test could be done. His staff or office as a Manager named Tucker last name or his nurses. Nobody has exact knowledge of even most common things, like urine test for kidney stone analysis. Report his poor performance staff members to him and he ignores it over the phone. Do not waste your money and time. You will be pissed as I was when I Saw his behavior and then his staff.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

I was referred to Dorfman by my PCP. My complaint was low testosterone, with the associated symptoms including gynocomastia, ED, fatigue etc. His response to me was you look healthy, you were able to have kids, there's nothing wrong with you. He had his med student feel the gynocomastia and didn't even bother to look up from his PC. Well two years later it turns out I have a pituitary adenoma. He is a spreadsheet doctor if the bloodwork looks OK then you're good. This guy is dangerous stay away from him and one of his protégé's Dr. Toma, she agreed with his opinion. Her review is forthcoming.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2012

Dr. Steven G. Dorfman's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1970)

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Horrible experience! He may have tons of experience and diplomas, but he didn't even wait for the lidocaine to kick in before stabbing my neck for the biopsy. T..."

January 13, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Worst experience I have ever had with a doctor-I felt completely violated and it seemed like he had no clue what he was doing. All he told me was that I needed ..."

April 28, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Steven G. Dorfman, MD - Dallas, TX - Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism & Internal Medicine. Healthgrades.com. I was once a patient of your in 2002 or ..."

April 25, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Terrible doctor. Terrible man. Terrible human being. If you are not a "textbook easy case" he will refuse to treat you. He felt the need to yell at me over the ..."

November 12, 2014
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "One of the worst experiences of my life. Similar to other reviews, his nurse was overbearing and rude and interrupted me mid sentence multiple times. The doct..."

October 30, 2014