Ratings for Dr. John R. Barker

I injured my back at work. I spent two years dealing with workman's comp. doctors(Pinnacle Assurance). They said it was a muscle spasm and sent me back to work with pills. Finally I had an MRI done and they realized it was going to be too expensive to treat so they dragged it out so long that I had a choice to make; fight for surgery for as long as three more years or settle for an amount that you couldn't even buy a used truck for. The choice was simple I needed surgery immediately. I saw Dr. Barker after a few other surgeons and he said he could help me with the terrible pain I was going through, with a three level fusion from my sacrum to L3 vertebra. His staff got everything for surgery scheduled within a few weeks of when I made my decision. The surgery was the most painful thing I had ever gone through, but Dr. Barker came into check on me even being a Saturday to raise medication levels to try and make me as comfortable as possible. Dr. Barker helped me get my life back on track

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

the worst i have ever had to deal with. him and his assistant are worthless. he never returns calls and his assistant acts like she is doing you a favor by assisting you. the sad thing is that not only on this site but many other sites they say similar things about he was so quick to recommend surgery that i made a complaint to the insurance company the insurance regarding him ready to do that without using all other options. oh by the way he cares nothing of your opinion and its like pulling teeth to get him to fill out forms need for work. i sometimes thing they forget how it is to be a average person and not a Dr that makes 200k a year. he is not good he has a big ego i have dealt in the past with surgeons 3x his experience and knowledge im so glad im now visiting a different person that actually cares about the patient.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2011

Always honest and forthcoming. Spends time listening to my concerns. Focused on doing his best and healing. Operated on my C-Spine successfully, best surgeon I've had (and I've had many spine surgeries). Busy office but doesn't take long to get an appointment.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2010

Dr. Barker is excellent. Always avaiable to me. Helpful with insurance forms. Did emergency surgery on my back for a burst fracture that could have paralzed me. After 2 surgeries I can function almost normally and pain level is greatly reduced. He is a very good surgeon and treats you like a human being not just another surgery patient.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2009

My husband and my dealings with Dr. Barker have been magnificant. My husband had a herniated disc from being hit on his bike while stopped on the highway. The surgery was smooth, and recovery was three weeks.My husband was back to work within the month. Dr. Barker was attentive, and made himself avaialble years later when my husband reinjured himself and needed to get in that day to see Barker. My husband was in great health until a job change 3.2 years ago that herniated the remaining piece of disc. I am sorry you had a terrible time with Dr. Barker, but he was and still is the best suregeon around. Mr. & Mrs. L. Parish

flag | Submitted April 2, 2007

Dr. Barker is an embarrassment. He operated on me 3 times. I am still in extreme pain. He decided it was easier to think I was just trying to get pills than to try to figure out what is wrong with me or put any more effort into helping me. He basically stopped taking my calls. Dr. Barker is easily the worst doctor I have ever dealt with. STAY AWAY FROM JOHN BARKER.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2006

Dr. John R. Barker's Credentials

• Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Top Hospitals in Lone Tree, CO