Ratings for Leanh D. Nguyen

I worked with her at a particularly difficult time in my life. Back then, I was caught up in many crises, personally and professionally. My life seemed like a mess. I sought her out for help to deal with my depression and anxiety. Dr. Nguyen helped me see through the fog and fire of the crises. She helped get ahold of the underlying questions about my life that had driven me into self-destructive choices. Her method seemed so simple, yet so powerful. She asked questions that cleared the thought clutters. She would make observations that shook me up and opened new perspectives. And she put her fingers on my fears and long-suppressed dreams. The conversations with her literally woke me up to my life. Thanks to her I got back to daring. I stopped taking stupid risks, and instead took a chance on myself. Dr. Nguyen literally coached my to health and fulfillment. She is the best kept secret in NY!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2019

I searched and searched for someone who is knowledgable but well-qualified but who can also related to my background and trauma history. It took a long time. I found Dr. Nguyen by chance and it saved my life. She is extremely informed about trauma and immigration issues. But I so appreciate that she was an amazing human being. Super-sharp mind but also a deep soul. She is REAL. She worked with whatever I came with, in the way that needed to. She made me feel seen and made me feel strong beause I could see that she was willing to go the distance with me.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2019

I was able to make huge strides in my personal confidence and communication skills through working with this doctor. The work we did has ultimately been positive for my career goals, interpersonal relationships and self image.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2019

My experience with Dr. Nguyen was life-altering. The conversations that I had with her were powerful and gutting. I frequently left her office feeling like something visceral was happening to me. Her work feels almost magical, even as the process was very difficult. I find myself referring to her as a sort of wizard when I talk to friends. I am happier now and feel much more in control of my life. With her help, I am now able to make choices rather than riding the weaves of circumstance. I simply don’t feel damaged in a way that I did for a long time. My friendships have benefited from my work with her as well. I’m remarkably happier now and feel much more in control of my life. She is remarkable and I am so grateful.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2019

I met Dr Leanh when I was in a very dark space in my life. I was having issues with coping with major and minor life changes, managing my emotions, and sustaining and cultivating relationships. She helped me put things into perspective and to see life from a different lens. We were able to uncover past experiences that were still affecting me today. I now have more clarity on how and why I've been navigating life a certain way. I also have tools I can use to manage my emotions and ways to better deal with life events as they arise. Dr Leanh is very attentive, committed and genuine. I felt safe and able to connect with her during our time together easily.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2019

Dr. Nguyen helped me gain the perspective tools and resolve to take my life into my own hands. When things were hard she did not give me platitudes or pity. She listened and facilitated my growth in ways I couldn't conceive of as possible. I became a more realized person with her guidance through therapy, confident that I can find my way through adversity.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2019

She is compassionate and very knowledgeable. Her thoughtful feedback helped me through a very difficult time in my life. I appreciated her candidness and support.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2019