Ratings for Dr. Peter G. Levinson

I had a similar experience as the reviewer who called Levinson a quack. My parents started going to him when thy retired to Connecticut. My stepdad started to experience nausea and pains and Levinson ordered blood work each time but didn't really find anything. We started to think he was imagining it and doing to for attention. Two years later Dad collapsed one day and was rushed to hospital where they found he had advanced lung cancer and he died within two months. My mother also still goes to this guy. I think he has figured out that for the elderly, the familiar feels safe, and no news is good news, and he banks on that. He makes bank on that.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

i have been going to Dr.Levison for 30 years and is a great doctor top 10 in the state of Ct.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2009

I have to warn people about this doctor, who is irresponsible and uncaring. Unfortunately, my grandparents are/were his victims. First, my grandmother went to him for excruciating back pain. He told her it was all in her head and made her think she was crazy. Some months later she was rushed to the emergency room where an x-ray determined she had a tumor the size of a grapefruit that started in her lung and spread to her back. She died. My grandfather still goes to this quack and won't change doctors because he's afraid to make this jerk "feel bad." (I don't get it.) So, my grandfather has problem with blood platelets for which he was hospitalized in January. After that, Levinson ordered regular blood work (we assumed to make sure this didn't happen again.) Well, gramps had weekly blood work but Levinson NEVER LOOKED AT THE REPORTS. My grandfather was rushed to the hospital last week and had extremely low blood counts. Levinson should have noticed the counts were low before this. Jerk!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2006

Dr. Peter G. Levinson's Credentials

• Kath Univ Leuven, Fac Der Geneeskunde, Leuven, Belgium (Grad. 1978)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal